|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Ask Me Anything @ Reddit

Default Grim Dawn - Ask Me Anything @ Reddit

May 2nd, 2012, 09:28
Crate's Arthur Bruno has been questioned by the Reddit community about Grim Dawn. As usual, it's a messy format to read but worth a look through for fans. An early question:
What aspects of Titan Quest have been improved for Grim Dawn in your own opinion?
The biggest are mood / atmosphere and combat. I always felt like TQ was a little flat in terms of the atmosphere. There wasn't that sense of mystery and danger that the Diablo games do so well. We've put a lot of effort into developing that more and creating an interesting world with a well-developed history. We've also put a ton of effort into combat and pacing. We've added blood / gore effects, enemy hit reactions, special deaths for some enemies, others ragdoll, zombies can be dismembered, hit sounds are crunchier, blood spatters on the ground and pools under bodies, etc.

There are also a lot of cool new features though. The more open world is something I really enjoy as a player who prefers to ignore the main story and run off exploring. We've also added more randomized elements, dynamic weather, a faction system, destructible environments - really cool busting through doors or blowing up walls to reveal hidden areas.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 2nd, 2012, 09:28
I wasn't interested in Grim Dawn in the least, but…

this guy just said all the right things. I'm baffled, I'm thrilled - I am sold.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

May 2nd, 2012, 18:59
Brennus, i hear you and spread the word about the game when you can.Grim Dawn is criminaly underfunded.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

May 2nd, 2012, 23:46
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
Brennus, i hear you and spread the word about the game when you can.Grim Dawn is criminaly underfunded.
Indeed.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Ask Me Anything @ Reddit