|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Game of Thrones - German Gameplay Video

Default Game of Thrones - German Gameplay Video

May 5th, 2012, 00:40
Most of what we've seen of Game of Thrones has been from rather ordinary trailers. VG247 has a German gameplay video (via GameStar) that offers a good look at the gameplay if you can ignore (or understand) the language.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 5th, 2012, 00:40
If they capture just a little bit of the magic of the books and TV series then this game should be an enjoyable affair, hopefully the mechanics that move the narrative are well done.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

May 5th, 2012, 00:46
That combat looks alright to me. Can I leave it on slow mo all the time? I'm really quite sick of action RPGs.

Too bad there are only two pre-made characters to choose from, and the character development seems to be of the dumbed-down MMO style. But, if early reviews say this game preserves the feel of the books, I'll probably pick it up.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

May 5th, 2012, 00:49
Originally Posted by Melvil View Post
If they capture just a little bit of the magic of the books and TV series then this game should be an enjoyable affair, hopefully the mechanics that move the narrative are well done.
I agree. The books were great and the TV series is really good.

CoarseDragon

Watcher

May 5th, 2012, 01:02
until sean bean dies

borcanu

muist

May 5th, 2012, 02:46
The game play looks great although was that a qte I saw. Also hope the pc version gets a hotbar instead of radial dial but somehow i'm doubting it.

Seeing as I've never been a fan of diablo and this combat reminds me alot of DAO, this will be the game i'm getting on the 15th.

Never read the books and only seen bits and pieces of the show. Maybe that will help as I can go in without any expectations.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 5th, 2012, 04:06
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
The game play looks great although was that a qte I saw. Also hope the pc version gets a hotbar instead of radial dial but somehow i'm doubting it.

Seeing as I've never been a fan of diablo and this combat reminds me alot of DAO, this will be the game i'm getting on the 15th.

Never read the books and only seen bits and pieces of the show. Maybe that will help as I can go in without any expectations.
I agree on the combat and preorder. As for the books the story drags on and never finishes. I've found the TV series easier to understand than the books.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 5th, 2012, 09:29
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I agree on the combat and preorder.
Preordered yesterday. Can't wait.
As for the books the story drags on and never finishes.
Maybe that ist was planned a trilogy early on (contract reasons) but changed to a 7 book cycle for logical reasons. Story simply isn't completed yet. Book 5 of 7, you know?

I've found the TV series easier to understand than the books.
Ah, now I understand where your former statement is coming from…

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

May 5th, 2012, 09:39
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
Maybe that ist was planned a trilogy early on (contract reasons) but changed to a 7 book cycle for logical reasons. Story simply isn't completed yet. Book 5 of 7, you know?

Ah, now I understand where your former statement is coming from…
I own the first three books so… I fail to see how I find the tv version better the reason why the books keep dragging on. I also own hundreds of books I love reading just as much as watching tv or movie versions.

Simply put his books has to many characters and a huge plot he cant finish properly. In the end he is just like Jordon and his wheel of time saga. Feel free to point out I'm wrong as I believe you love the books. Or better yet be sarcastic I love it.

Last edited by Couchpotato; May 5th, 2012 at 09:49.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 5th, 2012, 13:25
I own the first three books so… I fail to see how I find the tv version better the reason why the books keep dragging on. I also own hundreds of books I love reading just as much as watching tv or movie versions.

Simply put his books has to many characters and a huge plot he cant finish properly. In the end he is just like Jordon and his wheel of time saga. Feel free to point out I'm wrong as I believe you love the books. Or better yet be sarcastic I love it.
I really love them. And while I like Jordan's books as the campy fantasy stuff they are (lots of fun), ASoIaF is leagues ahead.

I see the danger of Martin not getting it done before going to the Night Lands, but that's not the same as it was with Jordan, who just put layers onto layers of ideas without having a clue where to go.

If you want to compare it then you should look elsewhere: the book is mostly compareable to War & Peace, The Brothers Kasamarov or the Godfather books. These works are shorter for just one reason: they had no need to establish a whole new world to the reader, because they took place in an established one.

Martin is an Ubermensch in my eyes: Making it all up, while feeling like a description from the real world. Tolkien and Puzo in one author. Brilliant.

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

May 5th, 2012, 14:12
Martin is brilliant but easily distracted. Too many projects and too many ideas. He doesn't have any focus these days. Didn't he just publish some vampire book?

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

May 5th, 2012, 16:51
This and Wheel of Time were the series that made me decide never to buy a book that's part of a series unless the series is finished. I loved the first few books, but by the 4th I was like, 'okey…'.
Hopefully with the HBO deal he'll be more commited to finishing it soon.
Last edited by wolfing; May 6th, 2012 at 14:26.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

May 5th, 2012, 17:01
This game is looking more and more interesting to me.

Book 4 was pretty bad. Haven't started book 5 but I'm hoping he's back to better form.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

May 5th, 2012, 20:49
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
This and Wheel of Time wer the series that made me decide never to buy a book that's part of a series unless the series is finished. I loved the first few books, but by the 4th I was like, 'okey…'.
Totally disagree. A Feast for Crows was my personal favourite. Bleak and ravaged world, destroyed hopes, growing fears… Ah, wonderful.

Book 5 feels a little rushed in my humble opinion. And the ending is to gimmicky.

blackcanopus:

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker

May 5th, 2012, 21:27
Totally disagree. A Feast for Crows was my personal favourite. Bleak and ravaged world, destroyed hopes, growing fears… Ah, wonderful.

Book 5 feels a little rushed in my humble opinion. And the ending is to gimmicky.

I beleive they were referring to book 4 of the wheel of time series being the one that made them lose interest in that particular franchise. I think that's the same place I stopped reading that one too. At least I got further than I did into Terry Goodkind's series before I had to accept that my friends recommendations on books that dated back to middle school had probably passed their expiration date long before we hit 25.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2012, 00:50
Pretty sure Lemonhead was referring to Game of Thrones. He didn't mention WoT at all.

Anyway, I have to agree with wolfing - reading series before they're done has become too tedious for me. I'm tired of reading series over 10-20 years.

As for the game.. it could be interesting, but I'm not overly hopeful. I'll probably wait for the verdict around here before buying it.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

May 6th, 2012, 01:21
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Pretty sure Lemonhead was referring to Game of Thrones. He didn't mention WoT at all.
uh…

Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
This and Wheel of Time wer the series that made me decide never to buy a book that's part of a series unless the series is finished. I loved the first few books, but by the 4th I was like, 'okey…'.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2012, 11:57
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
This game is looking more and more interesting to me.

Book 4 was pretty bad. Haven't started book 5 but I'm hoping he's back to better form.
I'm three-quarters through book 5, or so, and if you ask me, it has even less focus than book 4… also, still can't stand all the childish remarks regarding, "Men!" and the silly love triangles.

That's Wheel of Time, by the way. Apparently, I also thought he was talking about WoT.

On topic: the gameplay looks excellent. Haven't really followed this title, but if this is a good indication of what the game will be, then it will be good. Reminds me of DAO as well.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2012, 12:28
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I'm three-quarters through book 5, or so, and if you ask me, it has even less focus than book 4… also, still can't stand all the childish remarks regarding, "Men!" and the silly love triangles.

That's Wheel of Time, by the way. Apparently, I also thought he was talking about WoT.
But women love to braid there hair and gossip. The WOT books started out with promise but halfway through it started going downhill.

Here is the info on the whole series-

0. New Spring
1. The Eye of the World
2. The Great Hunt
3. The Dragon Reborn
4. The Shadow Rising
5. The Fires of Heaven
6. Lord of Chaos
7. A Crown of Swords
8. The Path of Daggers
9. Winter's Heart
10. Crossroads of Twilight
11. Knife of Dreams Final novel completed by Robert Jordan.

Brandon Sanderson Will finish the series

12. The Gathering Storm
13. Towers of Midnight
14. A Memory of Light (To be released 2013)

14 damn books to finally finish the plot. Lets hope Game of thrones doesn't go past it's estimated seven. George R. R. Martin is not getting any younger.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 6th, 2012, 13:17
But women love to braid there hair and gossip.
And tell men what to do, because obviously they don't know what they're doing half of the time! And men are too clueless to understand how women work. And apparently courting women never left the high school stage. And everybody says the same stupid phrases all the time and women always fold their arms under their breasts while boxing the ears of stupid men! AAAAAARGH!!

1. The Eye of the World
[Possible spoilers]
This started out pretty well. There was a lot of mystery and a Lord of the Rings kinda feeling of adventure. All the mystique is long gone now. Everybody learned to be an excellent sword fighter within a year and the Two Rivers women that can channel went from fearing the Power more than anything to being pretty much more powerful (but still inexperienced) than every Ae'Sedai!!

Jordan doesn't leave much to the imagination, he just puts it all out there and it becomes a try telling of a long story that doesn't move very fast. The biggest drama 3/4th through book 5 has been that Rand slept with someone that is not Elaine, the biggest mystery being the two contradictory letters she sent him in the previous book, wooooh!

Sorry for the spoilers, but there really isn't that much to spoil.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Game of Thrones - German Gameplay Video