|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen 2 » Risen 2 Spoilers » Guns on the first island?

Default Guns on the first island?

August 1st, 2014, 18:15
Is it possible to loot a proper gun on the first island? I found a vendor who sells it but I am short on cash!

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

August 1st, 2014, 20:22
No, there are very few lootable guns in the game. Also, pistols are simply off hand weapons (press E to use one). Bigger guns like shotguns and muskets are actual weapons, but you have to join the Inquisition to get access to the good stuff. The whole fire arms tree is pointless unless you do.

Edit, figured I might add a little spoiler in case you really want a pistol:
Spoiler

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

August 4th, 2014, 14:24
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
No, there are very few lootable guns in the game. Also, pistols are simply off hand weapons (press E to use one). Bigger guns like shotguns and muskets are actual weapons, but you have to join the Inquisition to get access to the good stuff. The whole fire arms tree is pointless unless you do.

Edit, figured I might add a little spoiler in case you really want a pistol:
Spoiler
Thanks for the answer Maylander. However I think some stuff have changed. I managed to get hold of shotgun from the first island (Tacarigua, the NPC Thompkins sells it) and I haven't even joined the Inquisition yet.

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

August 4th, 2014, 15:09
Nothing has changed. I said "access to good stuff". That shotgun is pretty much the best you can get outside the Inquisition, and it's not particularly good. Also, you will not have access to shotgun/musket trainers, so you'll be stuck with crap skills.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen 2 » Risen 2 Spoilers » Guns on the first island?