|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Geode build guide or suggestions

Default Geode build guide or suggestions

May 18th, 2012, 02:57
I loved Drakensang (played a year ago) and am about to give Drakensang ROT a spin. I am looking at a Geode and would like some character build tips. Thanks!

crazz2323

Traveler

May 18th, 2012, 16:33
There are no "builds". Period. you can do what you lke, but please keep in mind that a Geode is *typically* not a thief or a rogue of some sorts.

Witjin Aventuria, Geodes where the basis of everything Druidic that evolved later - their kind of ancestors, so to say.

They believe in Sumu, kind of "Mother Erath", so to say, even although there is no real church for her (most Aventurians believe that Los had slain Sumu, and Sumu is practically the "earth" there. From Los' tears, everything living evolved, and even the Gods).

The only real advice I can give from what I've heard so far is this : The Geode is a bit more challenging in the beginning.
In the beginning, he is rather weak, and must rely not only on his drudic "magic", but also on some weapons.Usually, he at least comes with one.

Since he is very closely related to Nature and Earth, if you want to do proper role-playing, this is the general route to go,
although in fact every character in he game can learn everything - in the end it's a question of money, too, since the trainers/teachers want to be paid as well.

I've never played an Geode so far, but I expect him to get a few additional, interesting dialogues with more nature-related dwellers.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 19th, 2012, 00:12
Thanks Alrik! I know you have helped me in the past getting started with the first Drakensang; I enjoyed it, had a ranger. At least any tips on what stats and skills would be best to focus on at the start for a Geode? I know willpower is important to keep maxed because of wounds …

crazz2323

Traveler

May 19th, 2012, 18:48
Yes, willpower, and get some healing skills.

Apart from that I really can't give any more advice, since I've never played a Geode this far and know only very few reports of people doing that. The only things I remember are that in the beginning the Geode is fairly weak, but powerful much later.

Sorry that I can't help you much further.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Geode build guide or suggestions