|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » TQ: Immortal Throne - Chat Log @ Xfire

Default TQ: Immortal Throne - Chat Log @ Xfire

April 24th, 2007, 23:12
There's an edited developer chat log on Titan Quest: Immortal Throne at Xfire from a chat that was held a couple of weeks ago. Iron Lore co-founder Brian Sullivan, designers Shawn Frison and Josh Glavine and Chris from QA answered the community's questions.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 24th, 2007, 23:12
Somehow I missed this Dhruin, Thanks for the heads up.

Despite all the glowing reviews of IT, there is some restlessness among the natives of the TQ community concerning some of the technical issues(read: bugs) that seem to have cropped up. From this chat, it looks like THQ is not giving Iron Lore much opportunity to do a patch. We've all heard this kind of distancing before:

This one's bad:
We're constantly reviewing data that comes off of the various TQ forums, and our community has been our biggest asset to fix TQ issues via patches. That said, we can't discuss any patch plans at this time, sorry.
But this one's worse:

Are there coming any more expansions for Titan Quest in the future?

Answer: We're excited about the community response to Immortal Throne, but we're not ready to discuss the future details of the franchise.
Too bad—not too many people can give Blizzard a run for their money.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

April 25th, 2007, 13:30
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Despite all the glowing reviews of IT, there is some restlessness among the natives of the TQ community concerning some of the technical issues(read: bugs) that seem to have cropped up.
That is really unfortunate … I'm playing TQ again now in hopes of eventually reaching the IT portion that I bought weeks ago …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 25th, 2007, 13:39
I started a new TQ game with the add-on installed, but stopped before getting to the new parts. I just wasn't motivated to go through the whole game before any new encounters. I will most likely try again later on when it's been longer since I've played through it.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 25th, 2007, 20:14
The expansion really is good, and worth playing and the new features add to the original game considerably, but some of the bugs that initially caused problems in TQ appear to have resurfaced; in particular, graphics issues and rubber-banding. Nonetheless, most people don't find them game stopping. But the 'blue screen of death' is pretty scary the first time you see it. A little patching would work wonders.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

April 25th, 2007, 20:19
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
The expansion really is good, and worth playing and the new features add to the original game considerably
My biggest problem is that I don't have my end game saves from before … so I have to trudge through the whole thing just to get the new stuff. It is a bit of a drag, don't know if I'll make it.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » TQ: Immortal Throne - Chat Log @ Xfire