|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Update #14, Five Stretch Goals Unlocked, Video

Default Grim Dawn - Update #14, Five Stretch Goals Unlocked, Video

May 18th, 2012, 07:24
Grim Dawn's Kickstarter is currently at $437k (30 hours to go), which means a number of stretch goals have been unlocked:
I think congratulations are in order for everyone! We now have 5 stretch goals under our figurative belts and now at $400k you get to help us select a new environment type to add to the game!
Now too far away we get 2 new monster types and then a big one just a little beyond that at $25, which provides 3, uniquely themed, end-game dungeons!
Anything is possible in these last two days. I know people are very eager for two-handed weapons, an additional end-game boss and, the big one, a new survivor town hidden somewhere in the wilderness! While the latter goals are still distant, other kickstarters have pulled down far more in their final days, so it isn't totally out of the realm of reality.
There's also a new combat video in the same update, showing off a "dual-class melee build created by mixing primarily soldier skills with a bit of demolition".
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 18th, 2012, 07:24
Up those pledges guys.Final push for the stretch goals.I know Crate will show Blizzard how its done.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

May 18th, 2012, 20:23
Originally Posted by rich ruffo View Post
Up those pledges guys.Final push for the stretch goals.I know Crate will show Blizzard how its done.
10 hours to go and on $475,000!, just short of the final stretch goal, which sounds pretty cool. Will be fascinating to see what they can do with a tiny fraction of the funds that it must have taken to develop Diablo III. May be passion will turn out to be greater than cash.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

May 18th, 2012, 23:42
They are over $491,000 now! Crazy, they added 15k in 3 hours.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

May 19th, 2012, 07:09
They ended WAY ahead of the plan; it seems that Diablo 3's DRM and poor servers might have helped a bit. Since they far outpaced their tiered content goals, I wonder if they will be adding additional content, or just see the extra as gravy.

Santos

Ass-hat

May 19th, 2012, 08:22
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
They ended WAY ahead of the plan; it seems that Diablo 3's DRM and poor servers might have helped a bit. Since they far outpaced their tiered content goals, I wonder if they will be adding additional content, or just see the extra as gravy.
Their was an extra goal:
$535k - A new faction and story-line!
So there will be additional content.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

May 19th, 2012, 19:57
Originally Posted by Von Paulus View Post
Their was an extra goal:
$535k - A new faction and story-line!
So there will be additional content.
Very nice. I missed that one, thanks.

Santos

Ass-hat

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Update #14, Five Stretch Goals Unlocked, Video