|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » E.Y.E. - v1.3 Patch

Default E.Y.E. - v1.3 Patch

May 27th, 2012, 12:52
E.Y.E. has been patched to v1.3 - from their website:
A new update/patch has been released for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. One of the new features is a completely new setup panel for the artificial intelligence. As for the major issues, the characters’ resets and deletions have been fixed; we also heavily modified the respawn systems for the players and especially the NPC, so they don’t feel like they appear out of thin air behind players’ backs or magically spawn anymore. We also resolved various exploits.
We strongly recommend you to start a new game from the beginning with a new character in order to enjoy the various changes and the deletion of many bugs in the best way possible.
We apologize for releasing this update belatedly, for having left the Christmas achievements and features hanging for so long, but we wanted to fix several critical bugs and to modify so many things.
Head over for the full notes.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 27th, 2012, 12:52
The list of fixes is HUGE - complement to this brave indie developer. Played the game and it is uniqe, fun with so much freedom of customisation. It is just the presentation is poor. Look forward to their future updates.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2012, 18:37
I would like to hear more impressions from the community around here. It looked kind of like Deus Ex lite.

rossrjensen

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2012, 19:32
I bought this one on a bit of a lark when steam had it on sale for something ridiculous like $2.99. However, I have yet to have even loaded it up once. So would also be interested to hear some input to determine whether its worth sinking any time into.

dagoo7

Watchdog

May 27th, 2012, 20:54
Originally Posted by dagoo7 View Post
I bought this one on a bit of a lark when steam had it on sale for something ridiculous like $2.99. However, I have yet to have even loaded it up once. So would also be interested to hear some input to determine whether its worth sinking any time into.
Here is my post when I first played it:

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showp…31&postcount=8

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2012, 21:53
I found it a bit hard to get into, but then again, I haven't given it a serious try yet.

Edgarstrong

Watcher

May 28th, 2012, 06:16
I played all the way through. It is really just a FPS with a very disjointed story and a terribly broken game system. Some of the areas are kind of cool but I never did figure out what was going on. That said some of the missions were kind of fun. There is really no role playing.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

May 28th, 2012, 20:59
Finished it once. Liked it but it was quite unpolished a few months back. Mostly an FPS, though it has some RPG elements. Uneven difficulty.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

May 29th, 2012, 15:10
"has some RPG elements" is being really generous. You can customize your character and equipment and make a couple of decisions during the "story" that don't really seem to have any effect.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

May 29th, 2012, 17:50
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
"has some RPG elements" is being really generous. You can customize your character and equipment and make a couple of decisions during the "story" that don't really seem to have any effect.
You mean like Skyrim? Oblivion? Diablo 3? Divinity 2?

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

May 29th, 2012, 19:20
I've never played Diablo 3 but even Diablo 2 had more of a story than E.Y.E. I won't get into an argument about the others because only silly fools don't consider them RPGs.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

May 29th, 2012, 20:07
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
I've never played Diablo 3 but even Diablo 2 had more of a story than E.Y.E. I won't get into an argument about the others because only silly fools don't consider them RPGs.
Oh I see, game mechanics now suddenly doesn't matter but only story does. That's nice. PS:T must be the best RPG ever according to you and clearly the early Ultimas and Might and Magics must be very bad RPGs since they aren't centered around huge branching storylines.

Digger Nick

امير

May 29th, 2012, 20:36
its good to see racist trolls being brought to life.

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » E.Y.E. - v1.3 Patch