|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls - Screens, Box Contents

Default Dark Souls - Screens, Box Contents

June 2nd, 2012, 00:38
VG247 has screens and the box contents of the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. The boxed version essentially looks like a Collector's Edition, with soundtrack, Making of DVD and artbook.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 2nd, 2012, 00:38
Can't wait to hear reactions of PC snobs trying to play this with M&K.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

June 2nd, 2012, 01:22
I have to say I'm a little surprised by all the stuff you get with the boxed version. I was expecting the typical DVD in a paper sleeve and a one page insert. I was planning on getting this game during a future Steam sale, but now I'm actually considering the retail version.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 2nd, 2012, 01:48
IGN seems to be suggesting that this special edition is exculsive to Europe and Australia/NZ, and that it's going to be digital-only in the US.

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for PC will be available on August 24 in North America for download through Steam and Games for Windows. Special retail versions of the Prepare to Die Edition will be available in Europe and Australia on August 24 for the PC version, and later this winter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3."

DPB

Watchdog

June 2nd, 2012, 02:58
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
I wouldn't even try to play it with M&K. It a game meant for a controller. Best console game I've played since Demon Souls.

warmonger3

Ethereal

June 2nd, 2012, 03:11
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
Yes if you want to play with a m&k then you must be a pc snob. Typical console attitude, if you don't love consoles you must be a pc elitist. So tired of that bs.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 2nd, 2012, 03:17
That is how you make Boxed copy. Nice art,im all on over the retail version and will have a controller ready and waiting.

rich ruffo

Sentinel

June 2nd, 2012, 04:06
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Yes if you want to play with a m&k then you must be a pc snob. Typical console attitude, if you don't love consoles you must be a pc elitist. So tired of that bs.
Ignore him I always do. For the record I love my M+K but have no problem if I use a controller. Guess I'm still a pc elitist right?

"Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for PC will be available on August 24 in North America for download through Steam and Games for Windows. Special retail versions of the Prepare to Die Edition will be available in Europe and Australia on August 24 for the PC version, and later this winter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Typical the US doesn't get a boxed copy only a digital release. And yes I know people prefer digital releases but I'm tired of eating my bandwidth cap on large games.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 2nd, 2012 at 04:16.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

June 3rd, 2012, 05:02
I can't believe I'm going to buy a controller after all these years but…. I'm going to do it just for this game. I just have to.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2012, 13:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Typical the US doesn't get a boxed copy only a digital release. And yes I know people prefer digital releases but I'm tired of eating my bandwidth cap on large games.
In my opinion this is the result of the recent trends in game-buying. People don't say "no" against things like Steam etc. … I fear that this trend might already be settled. Think of "OnLive".

I do believe, though, that it might be possible to import it as well.

And … Yes, I tend to belie ve that this is a very, *very* clear sign of how different the markets actually are …

I bet that there is almost no German customer of LucasArts' downloadable-only adventure game of "Lucidity". Although it could be filed as an "adventure" game.

Germans tend to be rather conservative in terms of gaming - and american developers & publishers fail to see that. At least this is my very personal, subjective impression.
But on the other hand I might be biased, too.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 3rd, 2012, 19:05
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I can't believe I'm going to buy a controller after all these years but…. I'm going to do it just for this game. I just have to.
Logitech is the best way to go, imo. Check out their new F310 gamepad. It's designed for games like Dark Souls.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2012, 19:35
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
It's worth it, trust me. I was mostly a PC mouse and keyboard gamer until last December when I got a PS3, mainly to play Demon's / Dark Souls (and for the Blu-Ray). At first I was skeptical about the controller but it works quite well for the Souls games and you adjust to it.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

June 5th, 2012, 15:01
Sounds like the Prepare to Die Edition will be the same a the Xbox Collector's Edition.

The Nameless Zero

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls - Screens, Box Contents