|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Commander - Preview @ Destructoid

Default Dragon Commander - Preview @ Destructoid

June 7th, 2012, 15:38
Destructoid has a preview of Dragon Commander, saying the game has been a "personal highlight of the show so far". Multiplayer is also revealed in passing. Here's a snip on some of the systems:
Dragon Commander consists of multiple stages of play, each one appearing to be well crafted. From the player's main airship, the Raven, various political and social activities can be undertaken. Advisers will suggest new courses of action, which can be followed or ignored at will, and ambassadors from other kingdoms can appear to offer various alliances. A princess from one of the kingdoms can be married and visited in the bedroom for advice, and each marriage will affect the realm in various ways. In the demo, the player divorced his elven bride and married a dwarven one, causing various provinces to rise up in rebellion but gaining the trust of the dwarf faction.
Lar also has a blog post on the reception for Dragon Commander at E3, so far.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 7th, 2012, 15:38
The blog post also contains a link to a video from the Dragon Commander presentation at E3.

I read the preview and am surprised and very happy that Larian is getting so much positive feedback on both their new games. Good times! I still remember all the hardship they had to endure with the press and publishers back when they tried to promote Divinity ten years ago.

As for Dragon Commander even though I'm not into realtime strategy at all, I'm intrigued now.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

June 7th, 2012, 17:00
Nice video, finally some gameplay!

I think I will like Dragon Commander if I can play as a dragon a lot in it (I actually loved that part of DII).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

June 7th, 2012, 17:23
I must admit I am intrigued too. I am also currently on a strategy mood (will probably get Shogun 2 after I am done with the KBs hopefully on a steam summer sale).

Would love a demo.

JonNik

SasqWatch

June 7th, 2012, 17:54
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Nice video, finally some gameplay!
I was completely focused on seeing that gameplay until shortly after the :40 mark. Something else stole my attention at that point.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 7th, 2012, 19:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I was completely focused on seeing that gameplay until shortly after the :40 mark. Something else stole my attention at that point.
Being a girl immunize me against certain marketing tactics.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

June 7th, 2012, 22:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Thanks for the heads-up.
I guess I will never be immunize… to this kind of… things.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

June 7th, 2012, 22:51
I hope they dont ruin it… this game looks like it may be real fun to play.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

June 7th, 2012, 23:43
I don't know I found the dragon parts of DKS the weakest part of the game. SO not to sure what to think about this.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

June 8th, 2012, 00:03
Ugh, definitely not for me. It looks like a fantasy version of an air combat game with dragons instead of planes or jets, and I never liked those games.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

June 8th, 2012, 04:56
"Ugh, definitely not for me. It looks like a fantasy version of an air combat game with dragons instead of planes or jets, and I never liked those games. "

Only one small element of the game is like that, and I get the impression that you can either play it more like an air combat version of Dynasty Warriors or more RTS-like, with a focus on your troops. However, if you're not interested in RTSs, the strategic meta-game, or the RP elements, I guess that won't help much.

killias2

Sentinel

June 8th, 2012, 11:23
I rather see it as a board game, still, kind of.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Commander - Preview @ Destructoid