|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - Stage Demo and More Videos

Default Dishonored - Stage Demo and More Videos

June 7th, 2012, 15:01
GameSpot has around 15 minutes of Dishonored footage from the E3 stage demo, offering the best look at Arkane's game so far. They also have a video interview with Lead Designer, Ricardo Bare.
Over at Gametrailers, Raf Colantonio provides a video walkthrough using some similar footage, though not as long.
Lastly, IGN joins the fray - once again with Raf - with around 10 minutes of video this time.
More information.
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968

Default 

June 7th, 2012, 15:01
Impressive in terms of freedom and choice of approaching targets. Some of the feats that the assassin has remind me of the abilities that Kain acquire in Blood Omen 2 (mind control, jump/transport to higher/out of reach places). Dishonored also seem to provide you with a playground to achieve your objectives in the manner that you choose, just like in the Hitman games.

But with all of these abilities in place, there does not seem to be a challange involved in Dishonored. I hope that this is just for the demo purposes and these abilities are gained gradually - which would point towards a game+ feature in Dishonored.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#2

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 7th, 2012, 16:52
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
But with all of these abilities in place, there does not seem to be a challange involved in Dishonored. I hope that this is just for the demo purposes and these abilities are gained gradually - which would point towards a game+ feature in Dishonored.
Abilities are bought with runes and I read in an earlier preview there is not enough runes to buy all the abilities in a playthrough. Also, energy does not regenerate, this limit abilities spamming.

The entire system sounded a bit like the Praxi points in DX:HR when I first read about it.
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#3

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,550

Default 

June 7th, 2012, 19:22
Judging by the recent gameplay videos Dishonored looks more and more like a proper Arkane Studios game (i.e. like Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis) in terms of environmental design, first-person controls and various abilities etc. And that is a Good Thing, as far as I'm concerned…
Demiath is offline

Demiath

Watcher

#4

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 70

Default 

June 7th, 2012, 20:55
Originally Posted by Demiath View Post
Judging by the recent gameplay videos Dishonored looks more and more like a proper Arkane Studios game (i.e. like Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis) in terms of environmental design, first-person controls and various abilities etc. And that is a Good Thing, as far as I'm concerned…
I just wish that it is possible to see your legs and shadow during the game, and be able to interact and use the environment (for example break a chair on someone's head) - just minor issues.
SpoonFULL is offline

SpoonFULL

SpoonFULL's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#5

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,382

Default 

June 8th, 2012, 00:21
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Abilities are bought with runes and I read in an earlier preview there is not enough runes to buy all the abilities in a playthrough. Also, energy does not regenerate, this limit abilities spamming.

The entire system sounded a bit like the Praxi points in DX:HR when I first read about it.
Yes, and obviously for demonstration purposes they use all abilities and are able to reload an play it completely different with other abilities. That's why games have dev consoles (even though nowadays they are often taken out at release).

If they'd actually just play the game normally they'd be like: "There's this really cool *insert ability*, but I haven't found enough runes yet to buy it so I can't show you, but trust me it's awesome". Journalist: "I guess?"
JuliusMagnus is offline

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

#6

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 405
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dishonored - Stage Demo and More Videos
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:39.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch