|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Banner Saga - Update #11, Campaign Over, $723k Raised

Default The Banner Saga - Update #11, Campaign Over, $723k Raised

April 22nd, 2012, 18:52
Stoic has ended their Kickstarter campaign for The Banner Saga, having raised $723,886, which opened up some new inclusions such as a full orchestra and player-owned MP cities. Here's a snip from the latest update:
Needless to say (but we'll say it anyway), not only did we meet our goal in two days, you've gotten us to 700%. OVER $700,000. This is all beyond our wildest dreams and we've said it before, but we'll work our hardest to make something you can be proud of supporting. […]
Were you expecting a progress report?
Somehow we've still managed to make a little progress this week!
  • We've finished our first pass of animation shoots and Powerhouse has officially started animating characters. The first character is our base human viking fighter called the Axeman and his upgraded versions. Keep in mind these are going to become the real animated characters in the game, not just concept work. Check out the design image above!
  • Austin Wintory has already recorded the first pass on the main theme for the game and man is he ever excited about it! From there he'll keep building the full score until we can record the whole thing live with a full orchestra.
  • We'll be sorting through the applications now that the campaign is over and getting back to you all as soon as possible.
  • As mentioned, we're in the process of getting a forum up and running on our main website.
  • We've written up a bit about the history, races and setting of the world which will probably be our first major content post on the website. Can't wait to talk about it more!
So this is it. We're standing on the shore, packing up the longships, sharpening the swords and getting ready to push off. But instead of three of us rowing furiously we've got a viking army behind us. We're honored to have you along for the ride.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2012, 18:53
Yay! It's the one project I've put money in. I hope to see a fun game come out of it

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

April 22nd, 2012, 19:37
I was wondering how a backer-only post was showing up on my cell phone browser when I'm not logged in. I did not realize that if a backer shares the full link, anyone can see the full post. That's kind of cool - means I can send links to my non-backer friends with development info and convince them to pre-order the game later.

They have viking round sheild fighter sketches that look kind of intersting. Speaking of that fighting style, this guy does a really interesting set of videos on it:

Sword and Viking Round Shield Fighting - I

He also has a very extensive set of iron-age and medieval fighting theory/recreation videos in German covering a wider range of styles. One of his colleagues does some demonstrations on full-plate and hand-and-a-half (bastard) swords that's pretty interesting.
Last edited by jhwisner; April 22nd, 2012 at 20:23. Reason: Linked to video with fixed audio

jhwisner

SasqWatch

June 21st, 2012, 09:51
The have a new update that is quite interesting: It shows off the mere volume and gives a good grasp of the work involved in packaging and shipping the physical prizes for the backers. Future kickstarters should really check if their garage is large enough…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…6?ref=activity

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Banner Saga - Update #11, Campaign Over, $723k Raised