|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Gamebanshee

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Gamebanshee

June 28th, 2012, 05:02
That would be great hopefully it can work.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2012, 05:25
I have all the infinity games including Torment running in Widescreen already - 1360x768. I'm not sure what all this excitement is about? The widescreen mod these days runs great and its simple to install. BGTutu is pretty easy to install for BG1.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2012, 05:46
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I have all the infinity games including Torment running in Widescreen already - 1360x768. I'm not sure what all this excitement is about? The widescreen mod these days runs great and its simple to install. BGTutu is pretty easy to install for BG1.
Have you followed the list of changes? It's more than just BG in widescreen.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2012, 06:00
I saw the references to new content, but since they tend to list it after the graphical and interface enhancements I figure its minor. I could be wrong though. Hope I am.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2012, 07:05
Running the game at low resolutions and using your monitors scaling sucks in terms of usability. Running the game in a lower resolution window at 1080p is not possible because everything ends up incredibly tiny. The game is, simply, unacceptable on current systems and as resolutions increase it's only going to get worse. There really is no reason to pretend otherwise.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

June 28th, 2012, 08:03
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I saw the references to new content, but since they tend to list it after the graphical and interface enhancements I figure its minor. I could be wrong though. Hope I am.
Yeah, they aren't major changes but considering that I'd play it again with no changes and have several times with and without mods.

I will welcome something a little different. Assuming they do it right and don't create any new bugs.I'm picturing a game that looks better and has some additional content. I guess that's enough to get me a little excited. It is 1 of my all time favorite games after all.

I'm really hoping it works out as i'd love to see IWD EE. I liked those a little better than BG's as i'm more combat focused than story focused in these kinds of games.

sakichop

SasqWatch

vurt

Serial Modderer

June 30th, 2012, 16:49
DLC=Downloadable Content, not furry earrings +3. The big guys have overcooked the term with badness. New BG storylines, New characters.
https://twitter.com/TrentOster

Von Paulus

Sentinel

June 30th, 2012, 17:16
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Yeah, they aren't major changes but considering that I'd play it again with no changes and have several times with and without mods.

I will welcome something a little different. Assuming they do it right and don't create any new bugs.I'm picturing a game that looks better and has some additional content. I guess that's enough to get me a little excited. It is 1 of my all time favorite games after all.

I'm really hoping it works out as i'd love to see IWD EE. I liked those a little better than BG's as i'm more combat focused than story focused in these kinds of games.
Even though I agree with Todd on having played all the Infinity games at 1360x768 with the font enlarging mod and they look really good, I will buy any improvement associated to this game.

So hopeful that the Enhanced Edition is going to be a lot more than just higher resolutions as it's main selling point.

Warmark

Sentinel

June 30th, 2012, 17:25
But you also have to consider that a lot of the possible buyers are people who didn't play the game before and for whom the graphics were a reason why they did not look into it yet.

Kordanor

Wastelander
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition: Interview @ Gamebanshee