|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Paid DLC Planned

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Paid DLC Planned

July 2nd, 2012, 22:05
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
That's the beauty of new content from a DLC, you don't actually have to play it if you don't want to! You don't even have to buy it or install it!
Of course you have to! It is inconceivable to play a game without all the little add-ons even if the original is complete in and of itself!! We were all forced to pay for the horse armor for Oblivion!!!

(Or so you would believe from people who post here. Sheesh.)

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

July 2nd, 2012, 22:48
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
Spared from what? More content? The HORROR!!!!!
Depends on the content, but i'd say yes. Baldur's Gate 2 has seen lots of quest and npc mods over the years and most of them were absolute garbage as far as writing goes. PST not so much. Perhaps the setting is just too weird for your average IE modder, and that keeps the worst fanfic away. Also, the core writing of the game is a lot more compact than in any other IE games and i don't really see ANY extra content working very well. Tweaking encounters and game mechanics a bit i could forgive on the other hand.

tolknaz

Sentinel

July 3rd, 2012, 10:54
More content for BG1-2 sounds good to me. Not sure about PST though. I think the writing style, current characters and so on is rather unique, so it would be very hard to add anything to it and still get it right.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 3rd, 2012, 11:27
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Yeah, for extreme BG fans this is great, but seriously, why would I replay an EE version with so many other games in my backlog I haven't played even once?
Because BG series + other IE games are far more superior than any of these craps called "modern games".

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

July 3rd, 2012, 11:28
Originally Posted by tolknaz View Post
Depends on the content, but i'd say yes. Baldur's Gate 2 has seen lots of quest and npc mods over the years and most of them were absolute garbage as far as writing goes. PST not so much. Perhaps the setting is just too weird for your average IE modder, and that keeps the worst fanfic away. Also, the core writing of the game is a lot more compact than in any other IE games and i don't really see ANY extra content working very well. Tweaking encounters and game mechanics a bit i could forgive on the other hand.
Like someone pointed out, you can choose to install mods/DLCs. I know there are lots of rubbish mods out there, but there are also heaps of good ones too for BG2! Some mods, I can't play without :X

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

July 3rd, 2012, 20:29
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
Because BG series + other IE games are far more superior than any of these craps called "modern games".
Well that's a matter of opinion. Even the best games can be boring on a second runthrough.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Paid DLC Planned