|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Where am I on the map?

Default Where am I on the map?

September 11th, 2013, 20:54
I looked on the Log Map; but I am unable to find myself on it. How do you know where you are if you can't find out where you are. Do I need map making skill or something. Just starting the game and I killed the Orcs at the Farm; but I got lost and couldn't find my way back to the secret rebel camp. Is there a real time map that shows your location?

max killen

Watcher

September 11th, 2013, 21:22
Gothic 3 doesn't give you any indicators on the map as I recall. You have to use landmarks to judge where you're at. I never had much of a problem except for some areas in Nordmar.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 12th, 2013, 01:36
There's no mini-map but I'm pretty sure that the world map (you have to get the item) has some sort of pointer that indicates where you are.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

September 12th, 2013, 09:18
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
There's no mini-map but I'm pretty sure that the world map (you have to get the item) has some sort of pointer that indicates where you are.
Yeah, that was what I remembered too - a big orange arrow shows up on the map once you purchase it. Its under 'documents' or some such tab.

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

September 12th, 2013, 14:46
Yes, there is a big orange arrow:

Maybe it's a bug.

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze

November 3rd, 2013, 16:26
I'm playing right now and it is a bit confusing. On the general map (M) there is a marker that shows your location. But on the map located within the inventory stuff (I) it does not show your location. It was driving me crazy for a while until I did the two actions close together and discovered the difference.

BTW, I secured :-) the main map in the first town but a lot of venders in the area sell the map.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

November 7th, 2013, 14:01
Originally Posted by Dajjer View Post
I'm playing right now and it is a bit confusing. On the general map (M) there is a marker that shows your location. But on the map located within the inventory stuff (I) it does not show your location.
I had a similar thing when I visited Munich (Germany) during a few days ago : The map in my hands didn't show me where I was …

That's why I usually go well with my habit to use unusual landscape "markers" for orientation … Like hills, buildings, trees, street-crossings …

Gothic is a game series in which RL habits are actually useful to some extent, I believe.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Where am I on the map?