|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Telepath: Tactics - Single Player Campaign Announced

Default Telepath: Tactics - Single Player Campaign Announced

July 18th, 2012, 02:41
Sinister Design announces their tactical turn-based MP strategy/RPG Telepath: Tactics will get a single-player campaign. There's also a lengthy ~30 minute video with the news, so take a look:
Since the last update, I had the opportunity to demo Telepath Tactics at Tech Week. The response was pretty much universally positive, with several people returning repeatedly over the course of the two days to keep playing matches.
Since then, Iíve focused on bug fixes and adding in a working campaign mode. Now, I know I said in the last update that a campaign mode was not a top priority, but Iíve gotten enough feedback since then demanding a campaign that Iíve decided it would be silly not to put one in the game. This has meant a few weeks away from coding the multiplayer, instead putting in things like a dialog system, cut scene support, and support for custom named characters. I hate to take so much time away from multiplayer, but itís hard to argue with the results.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 18th, 2012, 02:42
So… Mass effetc is trying to make itself multiplayer… And now another game is trying to make itself singleplayer… What's the catch?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 18th, 2012, 08:17
Reminds me of Sega's Shining Force series. The visuals seem a bit dated though even for an indie.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 18th, 2012, 08:29
I never played previous telepath games are they any good?

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

July 18th, 2012, 13:07
I don't know, they seam to treat single player as an easy thing that takes a couple of weeks to do. That doesn't give me any confidence, I mean, AI alone should take like months.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Telepath: Tactics - Single Player Campaign Announced