|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Editorial on the Ending @ Kotaku

Default Diablo 3 - Editorial on the Ending @ Kotaku

July 24th, 2012, 22:24
Kotaku's Kirk Hamilton has an editorial about the ending in Diablo 3. He didn't like it as you
can see from this somewhat spoilerfree quote:
That was all fine—I could see this being a decent fight, particularly in a big party on a higher difficulty. But after it ended… my little entourage of still-alive NPCs assembled where Diablo had fallen, and everyone stood still for a while. I gathered some loot from Diablo—I got a belt, and a staff, and a couple of archery things that I can't use. The belt wasn't that good, the staff was okay. And then it was time to end the game. A cutscene played (and not even a particularly cool one by Blizzard's very high cutscene standards). And then it was time to start all over again.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 24th, 2012, 22:24
for the amount of time spent developing the game, i do wish they would have been more risky with content or dynamic additions. perhaps an expansion will make it better (lords of destruction), but yes i feel that diablo 3 in its current state is nothing more then a treadmill.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

July 25th, 2012, 01:28
It only lasted a few weeks for me then I had no interest in bothering to play anymore. Diablo 2 seemed to last forever, at least until the graphics were too beneath me after some computer upgrades…

Luckily, Guild Wars 2 is tons of fun to play, and will be out soon enough…

zz

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Editorial on the Ending @ Kotaku