|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Avadon - App of the Day @ Eurogamer

Default Avadon - App of the Day @ Eurogamer

July 26th, 2012, 09:43
Avadon (on Android) is Eurogamer's App of the Day, which essentially means it gets a review:
It is in fact a port of a PC version, released a year back, from the ludicrously prolific Spiderweb Software, a Seattle-based company that has been producing full-length RPG sagas for decades. Minimalist in design, and unashamed in their reuse of assets, the essentially one-man team (Jeff Vogel) produces epic stories that tend to span over three or six 50 hour games. They exist in a world where BioWare never was, and it was up to Spiderweb to advance things from Ultima. And it works. Compellingly.
Vogel's two most recent games - a relaunch of the very long-running Avernum series, and a brand new story in Avadon - have been developed for iPad and Android tablets alongside his traditional PC and Mac. And it turns out this is just about perfect. A week's holiday in France almost didn't get a look in as I began exploring The Black Fortress on my Android Transformer Prime, and a day hasn't gone past since when I don't find a sneaky chance to explore for another hour.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 26th, 2012, 09:43
Sadly , i am greatly dissapointed with android version of Avadon.

Got it for my tablet, thinking it will be the best RPG game I have for it.

But the interface is so tediously small. Its really a chore to play it.

Twotricks

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Avadon - App of the Day @ Eurogamer