|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » South Park RPG - Preview @ Daily Mail, Gameplanet

Default South Park RPG - Preview @ Daily Mail, Gameplanet

August 9th, 2012, 02:45
Daily Mail has a preview for this game.
A sort of random quote:
Graphics are brilliant. Everything from the little 'bobs' the characters do when they move to their quirky facial expressions has been captured. Indeed, it almost looks like you’re watching an episode. In a nod to Skyrim and Fallout, The Stick of Truth is an open-world game. Characters can level up certain skills, such as magic or weapons, and can choose different classes (Mage, Cleric, Fighter and Thief) in their quest to become…cool. Each time you level up, you’re treated to Cartman dishing out your (often rude) new title. Combat is turn-based, which will appeal to hardcore RPG fans fed of clunky real-time combat often associated with modern games in the genre.
GamePlanet also has a preview for this game. A quote from the opening:
Enter Obsidian Entertainment, the developer behind hit role-playing games such as Fallout: New Vegas. The studio is closely collaborating with South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone to produce what may be one of the best South Park episodes. Because that’s exactly what the game feels like, a South Park episode. South Park: The Stick of Truth begins with a brief opening that mimics the cut-out style and cutaways of a typical episode. It introduces ‘the new kid’ whose family has just moved to the Colorado town. The parents suggest exploring the neighborhood to make some friends so that they can get some “alone time”, and as they exit inside you could be forgiven for thinking something went wrong, as the scene seems to freeze.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2012, 02:45
I have a new policy for South Park RPG. For any preview, review, news page, or whatever, I search the page for the word "Slave". If the page mentions Mr. Slave, I don't bother reading it.

The Dailymail preview actually made the cut! Thank you Dailymail!

Zombra

Watcher

August 9th, 2012, 08:13
FNV is shit because ES engine is junk. Hopefully there will be a top down version of Fallout and VtM BL type of games now after the market breaks loose

borcanu

muist

August 9th, 2012, 17:24
I'm kind of confused by both of the comments above. I hadn't realized that Slave was being over-mentioned. What don't you like about him being mentioned in the articles?

@borcanu, how is that relevant to South Park RPG? Different engines, vastly different style of games. Do you think South Park RPG is one of those games that is going to help the market break loose?

rossrjensen

Sentinel

August 9th, 2012, 17:51
Originally Posted by rossrjensen View Post
I'm kind of confused by both of the comments above. I hadn't realized that Slave was being over-mentioned. What don't you like about him being mentioned in the article?
It indicates that the preview is based on the same presentation that every other preview so far has been based on. In other words: Nothing new to be found in the article.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

August 9th, 2012, 19:48
Sounds like this might turn out to be a pretty good rpg. Too bad it's based on south park, a setting I have no interest in.

sakichop

SasqWatch

August 9th, 2012, 19:52
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Sounds like this might turn out to be a pretty good rpg. Too bad it's based on south park, a setting I have no interest in.
Since this was almost exactly what I was going to type, I'll just say, "Ditto".

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

August 9th, 2012, 22:04
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Since this was almost exactly what I was going to type, I'll just say, "Ditto".
pibbur who says ditto too

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!AW!ML!uC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

August 10th, 2012, 01:28
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
It indicates that the preview is based on the same presentation that every other preview so far has been based on. In other words: Nothing new to be found in the article.
I see, thanks for the clarification.

rossrjensen

Sentinel

August 10th, 2012, 06:53
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
I like the show but I am not much of a watcher. Maybe at best, one episode per year. But if the game has good RPG mechanics, I'll be there.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » South Park RPG - Preview @ Daily Mail, Gameplanet