|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stargate Worlds - Interview @ Ten Ton Hammer

Default Stargate Worlds - Interview @ Ten Ton Hammer

May 15th, 2007, 01:23
Ten Ton Hammer chats to Joe Ybarra of Cheyenne Mountain about puzzles in Stargate Worlds.
When asked about the puzzles in SGW, Joe was eager to explain why they were a fundamental part of the gameplay experience that had been considered from the very beginning of SGWs development. When we were first coming up with features to implement into the game, we wanted a non-combat gameplay mechanism to really reinforce some of the things in the show that were non-combat related, he said. If you actually watch the series, combat is a fairly small motif when compared to the rest of the actions the characters in the series partake in.
More information.

News Editor @ MMOWatch

Inauro

Watcher

May 15th, 2007, 01:23
Flunking puzzles? I HATE PUZZLES IN GAMES.

I was gonna try this game Stargate Worlds because its an awesome show series; but as it stands, I just dont enjoy puzzles in my games. It shows that they really dont have much content in the game if they have to resort to gay puzzles.

No thanks, I'm not buying it. Role-playing games dont really need puzzles because they should be immersive in other ways. Ugly puzzles (*especially* when their difficulty gets worse as you progress) blocking enterance to a zone or (especially) an ability, frankly, annoy the fuck out of me. No thanks.

I will not be buying Stargate Worlds now, unfortunately. There are plenty of other MMORPG options that dont have gay puzzles that take the place of lack of content. Upcoming games like, say, Darkfall, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Unleash the Fury, to name a few…

This actually makes me pretty angry.

Seriously, I do not see much of an audience for content-unlocking puzzles in the MMO crowd. Players want fun, not frustration.

Bad move for Stargate Worlds, IMO.

I have written them off my list of games to buy.

— this just in: I am probably not as retarded as previously assumed!

Ammon777

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Stargate Worlds - Interview @ Ten Ton Hammer