|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Planescape: Torment - Podcast Post-Mortem

Default Planescape: Torment - Podcast Post-Mortem

August 24th, 2012, 21:38
Podcast at Eurogamer with Chris Avellone, Colin McComb, Adam Heine and Scott Warner it's an hour long so apologies for not including too much detail. Host Robert Purchese.
Why only post-mortem new games? Why not, say, reach back in time for one of the best-loved role-playing games, try and track down the key people involved, and gather them for an hour-long chat and post-mortem?
Maybe they haven't spoken in a long time. Maybe they've got a new perspective on what they once created because of the path their life took since then. And maybe it's just nice to reminisce.
Why not, indeed. And so I present to you an hour-long Planescape: Torment post-mortem.
My guests:
  • Chris Avellone, the lead designer of Planescape: Torment, and currently chief creative officer at Obsidian Entertainment
  • Colin McComb, Avellone's second, if you like - the second designer on Torment after McComb's own PlayStation Planescape game "got rolled up into it". Now commands an iPhone App company called Three Pound Games, and also writes the Oathbreaker series of fiction
  • Adam Heine, scripter on Planescape: Torment, now living in Thailand "fostering 10 billion kids" and writing science fiction and fantasy for young adults (the final post on the official Planescape: Torment website concerns Heine's departure, and it's written by…)
  • Scott Warner, then a junior designer on Planescape: Torment. Now, lead designer of Halo 4
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 24th, 2012, 21:38
Listening to it now. Absolutely delightful to listen to these guys talk about a classic.

For a hilarious anecdote, skip to approximately the 32 minute mark; Scott Warner shares a story about being stuffed into T-Ray's office (illustrator of Vault Boy) and T-Ray's subsequent greeting.
Last edited by Drithius; August 24th, 2012 at 22:32.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

August 25th, 2012, 08:01
I'm gonna check out Oathbreaker. I hope it's good!

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

August 28th, 2012, 05:58
This is an excellent interview once you get past the first third of wankery. Thanks for posting it!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 5th, 2012, 04:01
eurogamer gave it 7/10????

smh

minimum 9/10

tennishero

Watcher

September 5th, 2012, 04:07
Despite how great the story and setting are in PS:T, it was a 8/10 for me at best. I just couldn't get over how boring the combat was compared to the other IE games.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 5th, 2012, 04:13
combat did suck
i divide the game into 2

the sigil area part
11/10
perfection perfection perfection

the combat heavy afterpart
8/10

tennishero

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Planescape: Torment - Podcast Post-Mortem