|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - First look at characters and cityscapes

Default Shadowrun Returns - First look at characters and cityscapes

September 2nd, 2012, 04:55
Kotaku has some "screenshots" and art from Shadowrun, with input from Jordan Weisman on what each slide represents. You'll have seen some of this previously but it's refreshing to see a developer explaining their marketing screens:
"So where do these characters live, work, and die? Glad you asked. The next couple of images represent our visual target for the exterior environments in Shadowrun Returns.
"All these scenes where built with actual game assets, but they were assembled in Photoshop rather than the game engine (which is still in development). The art team added a couple of bells and whistles which we hope make it into the game (like the localized lighting effects) but overall this is the look that we are shooting for on desktop computers and tablets.
"The Stuffer Shack scene is composed with the actual in-game character models so you can get a sense of how the 2D environments and 3D characters merge. The art team took a little liberty with the posing of the characters (which might not be quite as dynamic given that it's a turn based game) but we think it's within the realm of their creative license. The scene roughly depicts our camera zoom level on tablet. When playing on a desktop machine, you'll be able to set your window to show a larger scene. (Time to invoke a classic game development caveat: this zoom level, like most elements of our design is subject to change.)"
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 2nd, 2012, 04:55
Really looking forward to this one. I used to own all the source books and played quite a bit as a kid.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

September 2nd, 2012, 16:23
I'm such a jerk I didn't back the Kickstarter.

Nice art, though! Hopefully the game turns out great. Then I'll buy it.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

September 4th, 2012, 07:02
They posted a more in depth version here:

http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/…sets-revealed/

I initially didn't like the graphics but I think if done well this will be really nice. Glad I backed it.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - First look at characters and cityscapes