|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edtion: More Screens

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edtion: More Screens

September 10th, 2012, 23:01
The Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition site has nine additional screens on offer.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 10th, 2012, 23:02
Great deal. Did they change the provider or any reason why my DNS-Provider can't find a destination? Can't reach the website. Does anybody have the IP?

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 10th, 2012, 23:06
Looks good enough to me. I don't see the blue tint on the UI that some people were complaining about with the earlier screen. It just looks like a darker stone color imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 10th, 2012, 23:10
site crashed?

spiraling69

Sentinel

September 10th, 2012, 23:11
GoDaddy was DOS'ed / hacked.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

September 10th, 2012, 23:23
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Looks good enough to me. I don't see the blue tint on the UI that some people were complaining about with the earlier screen. It just looks like a darker stone color imo.
Yeah, kind of a blue marble stone with gold trim. That part seems fine to me. There's a few faces in the party that I don't recognize; must be the new additions.

It is perhaps a little surprising that they haven't done more work on the spell effects (judging by pic #3). The characters could have been anti-aliased as well. They still have that jagged-edged look.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

September 10th, 2012, 23:56
I'm surprised that they haven't done more work on the graphics. I was expecting a bigger visual overhaul. Perhaps they never promised that but it looks too much like the original for me.

Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The characters could have been anti-aliased as well. They still have that jagged-edged look.
Yeah

mbuddha

Watchdog

September 11th, 2012, 00:23
Yea I didnt have any trouble installing a bunch of mods last time I played it and the graphics dont really look different to me. Hmm..

Saxon1974

Sentinel

September 11th, 2012, 00:40
I'm starting to wonder what's supposed to be "enhanced" on this version.

Tuco

Watchdog

September 11th, 2012, 00:40
Shadows look blue…. Oo There is definitely a huge improvement over the resolution, but to be honest I'm not impressed with the graphics… they look so blocky (points to house), it actually looks worse than playing with TuTu installed…

Eh, they've pretty much got my money already though…. with all the lack of interest in recent games….

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

September 11th, 2012, 01:07
It is close to the color of the european box for Tales of the Sword Coast: http://www.mobygames.com/game/baldur…oast/cover-art

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 11th, 2012, 01:42
Have to say I won't bother picking this one up - doesn't look that fantastic compared to the original. Good it will bring people to the franchise though.

teije

Watcher

September 11th, 2012, 04:27
It seems there are a lot of disappointed people. I suppose for the true fans this will be a nice addition to their BG collection. Personally, I feel they nailed it. The UI captures the feel of the original BG. Many people played BG with the Tutu mod so this seems like its too different(blue/gold) to them. I'm glad that they stayed true to the original look though.

I think it's also apparent that the avatars have been enhanced, but not by much. I'm happy with it. I knew they couldn't do much with it anyway, so it's nice that the avatars look a little better. Overall the graphics are sharper as well.

Many people were expecting Beamdog to do more with this project, but I feel they did a good job. It's seems like everything has been "enhanced" a little. It's expected to run more smoothly and multiplayer has been cleaned up. It certainly will be the best version of BG you can buy.

I feel they are off to a good start. All this work will give the modders more assists to work with as well. I hope it sells well and that BGII turns out even better! Ultimately, I hope Beamdog will be able to use all of this to make BGIII happen!!!

By the way, I wonder if the sound has been enhanced at all and will it be surround sound?
Last edited by spiraling69; September 11th, 2012 at 05:03.

spiraling69

Sentinel

September 11th, 2012, 05:35
Maybe its just me, but I feel the interface looks more steampunk then fantasy, its not something I will shed any tears about though.

Other then that the screenshot shows what we already know, new content & new characters, the ice screenshot looks pretty empty of terrain details, but the indoors ones seems better.

Firestorm

exp Looter

September 11th, 2012, 05:38
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
It seems there are a lot of disappointed people. I suppose for the true fans this will be a nice addition to their BG collection. Personally, I feel they nailed it. The UI captures the feel of the original BG. Many people played BG with the Tutu mod so this seems like its too different(blue/gold) to them. I'm glad that they stayed true to the original look though.

I think it's also apparent that the avatars have been enhanced, but not by much. I'm happy with it. I knew they couldn't do much with it anyway, so it's nice that the avatars look a little better. Overall the graphics are sharper as well.

Many people were expecting Beamdog to do more with this project, but I feel they did a good job. It's seems like everything has been "enhanced" a little. It's expected to run more smoothly and multiplayer has been cleaned up. It certainly will be the best version of BG you can buy.

I feel they are off to a good start. All this work will give the modders more assists to work with as well. I hope it sells well and that BGII turns out even better! Ultimately, I hope Beamdog will be able to use all of this to make BGIII happen!!!

By the way, I wonder if the sound has been enhanced at all and will it be surround sound?
Yeah, I don't know what some where expecting. They said the graphics wouldn't be changed much because they didn't have the original art.

For me the main draw is the additional content and the camera changes. Being able to zoom and rotate the camera is worth it alone IMO, but I replay the IE games rather often.

sakichop

SasqWatch

September 11th, 2012, 06:02
Still waiting for a screenshot of the inventory, spells, journal etc.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

September 11th, 2012, 06:23
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
For me the main draw is the additional content and the camera changes. Being able to zoom and rotate the camera is worth it alone IMO, but I replay the IE games rather often.
You're talking about the iOS and Android versions, right? Afaik, the zoom feature hasn't been confirmed for the PC version yet. I've got my fingers crossed that they can do it though.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 11th, 2012, 08:15
Rotate the camera?

That's not going to happen.

This screenshot implies a bit of zoom: http://www.baldursgate.com/images/me…s/screen05.png

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

September 11th, 2012, 08:33
German Gamestar had a preview of BGEE Beta in this month's print issue. This Beta seemed to have quite a few bugs. On the other hand, it's a beta. But maybe you want to wait for the reviews. Overall comment: More from the same, a little bit disappointed that there are is so little difference in art quality, the price, but it is BG, so they don't care.

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 11th, 2012, 08:48
Dark blue yes. Looks awful.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edtion: More Screens