|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched

Default Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched

September 14th, 2012, 21:35
I wouldn't have anything against.

Sidenote: Obsidian forums crashed.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 21:38
Originally Posted by Clocknova View Post
As soon as Mac support is promised, they've got my money!
Mac (& Linux) support will happen if they get enough money (it is sort of an unconfirmed stretch goal). They also mentioned getting better with the tech in the Gamebanshee interview before doing this (so after the game is released).

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

September 14th, 2012, 21:43
Wow! I'm doing the Gagnam Style dance!

Now imagine what EA, Bethsoft, Ubisoft and Lucasrts could do with a kickstarter? Heck, for Lucas, why stop at video games?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

September 14th, 2012, 21:45
Way cool! It should easily succeed; these guys have instant cred.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

September 14th, 2012, 21:51
EA won't make anything from kickstarter because they are for makin money first via games. Obsidian want to make games but it needs money. Whole EA is for selling more and more games, with more and more dlcs - thats why they need to streamline the core - to get wider casual audience, thats why they cut content from games to spread 10bucks dlcs, and for all of that they need strong marketing which cost them - the circle go again… -and thats why i am very sad about BioWare

Misha

SasqWatch

September 14th, 2012, 21:54
Wow! It looks like I may have to make my first Kickstarter donation. The potential here has me truly excited.

Based on the answers to those interview questions, it's clear that they know exactly who their audience is and what they want.

dpc76

Watcher

September 14th, 2012, 22:00
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
EA won't make anything from kickstarter because they are for makin money first via games. Obsidian want to make games but it needs money. Whole EA is for selling more and more games, with more and more dlcs - thats why they need to streamline the core - to get wider casual audience, thats why they cut content from games to spread 10bucks dlcs, and for all of that they need strong marketing which cost them - the circle go again… -and thats why i am very sad about BioWare
Bigger and bigger outfits are latching onto this. Its only a matter of time. Wasn't it the case that a short while ago one of the big ones found a major for a distributor? If people just give money to the kickstarter wouldn't you want a piece of that pie? Certainly Obsidian does. And yet Obsidian has the clout to get contracts from publishers already.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

September 14th, 2012, 22:08
Brian Fargo mentioned that several publishers contacted him. The adventure game Lilly looking through was another title, that found at least a german publisher, 'though Headup Games isn't exactly a global or even big local player.

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 22:08
Wow, they're already at $340,000! Absolutely wonderful to hear.

Ragnaris

Watchdog

September 14th, 2012, 22:11
Awesome indeed

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

September 14th, 2012, 22:20
I love how the awards packages looks like an inventory bag on the kickstarter page. These are truly RPG guys.

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

September 14th, 2012, 22:25
Anyone looked at the Kicktraq for this? http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obs…ject-eternity/

Trending toward 11 million! Wow…

Though I doubt they will sustain the huge influx of pledges happening during this early time. It is still mighty impressive…

Myrkrel

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 22:31
Originally Posted by Myrkrel View Post
Anyone looked at the Kicktraq for this? http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/obs…ject-eternity/

Trending toward 11 million! Wow…

Though I doubt they will sustain the huge influx of pledges happening during this early time. It is still mighty impressive…
Doesn't say anything. I saw the trending prognosis from Broken Sword falling from above 1,1 mio to somewhere around 700k. It's based on the average fundings per day, and campaigns tend to slow down over the course. In the beginning of course there is a huge peak. I don't think we will have daily pledges in total of 400k for the rest of the campaign.

Avantenor

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 22:38
It's gone up $40k in the last hour I've been watching. I've mostly moved on from isometric games but I was happy to pledge for this.

Kobu

User Defined Class

September 14th, 2012, 22:40
Is this a dream? Sadly I can only afford the boxed $65 version.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 14th, 2012, 22:41
All this money ,this fast ,practically without any game details!That is impressive and i
sure hope they reach high numbers.

Japol

Watcher

September 14th, 2012, 22:58
I've gotten an impression that they are deliberately using mystery factor for marketing purpose. Hopefully, they will eventually reveal the content little by little toward the end of the Kickstarter. They are doing so well and I don't feel I need to post around like other less popular Kickstarter projects.

Dusk

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 22:59
Originally Posted by Avantenor View Post
Doesn't say anything. I saw the trending prognosis from Broken Sword falling from above 1,1 mio to somewhere around 700k. It's based on the average fundings per day, and campaigns tend to slow down over the course. In the beginning of course there is a huge peak. I don't think we will have daily pledges in total of 400k for the rest of the campaign.
I understand how it works, that's why I said "Though I doubt they will sustain the huge influx of pledges happening during this early time." I know it's not saying they will actually hit 11 million. But I think it's impressive in just showing how interested people are.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

September 14th, 2012, 23:01
Wow! The first kickstarter that will cause me to open my wallet

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

September 14th, 2012, 23:08
I'd been thinking about upgrading my Kindle Fire to a Fire HD… and now this comes along, crying out for that $200. Decisions, decisions.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm pledging this thing like nobody's business; the only question is whether I hit the $140 tier or the $250 tier.

khaight

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Obsidian Entertainment - Project Eternity Kickstarter Launched