|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls - Review @ Gaming Trend

Default Dark Souls - Review @ Gaming Trend

September 21st, 2012, 14:46
Yeah i love how you must both embrace and fear death in this game. The mechanics are absolutely outstanding, extremely well executed.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

September 21st, 2012, 14:59
I really have to say that Dark Souls, to me, has significanlty raised the bar and standards for action-rpg games. Gone are the days of being happy with games where the hero enters an area, doors and gates appear, enemies appear, mash single button and get excited about wonderful useless combos, enemies die, doors and gates dissapear .. rinse and repeat, no proper world design or coherence - what a waste of time.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

September 21st, 2012, 15:26
I'm glad to see From Software finally getting some recognition after all these years. They've been making great games since the original Playstation.

It's a little ironic though, at least to me. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls aren't even their best titles imo. King's Field 2, 3, & 4, Shadow Tower, and Eternal Ring were all better as open-world RPGs.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2012, 16:21
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
There is a 'Sensitivity' setting in the mousefix ini file, try increasing/decreasing it - I think that the default setting is 2, so try increasing this number.
I thought that would do it aswell, so I did that before messing with the ingame options, but I didn't see a difference. I might try again though.

Foss

Watchdog

September 22nd, 2012, 02:38
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
It isn't a choice everyone will embrace but it's a fundamental part of the design. The difficulty is an inherent part of the concept, as is learning from your mistakes. Saving shortcuts that, because you don't have to bear any consequences - just rewind a few minutes to the last save and keep going.
Yes, I realize the concept and that a lot of players are on board with it. It's just that in my personal experience, having to play through a level or check point several times just to get to the boss that you are trying to finally kill, does not make the game more challenging, it makes it tedious and eventually it just gets to the point of boredom.

Hyperion

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls - Review @ Gaming Trend