|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » M&M: Heroes VI - Danse Macabre DLC Available

Default M&M: Heroes VI - Danse Macabre DLC Available

September 29th, 2012, 01:59
The second Adventure Pack for Might & Magic: Heroes VI is now available:
A creature born of nightmare…
A darkness shadows fear…
Once there was a heart, now there's only vengeance…
The dragons call him doom
Sandro is back and ready for another adevnture!
The second <strong style="font-size: 9pt;">Adventure Pack "Danse Macabre" Sea is now available[/b]. Check it out on www.ubishop.com
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 29th, 2012, 01:59
I've posted on official Ubi forum when it was announced, I'm not buying.
I have the first DLC, this one is looking similar and as such it's not worth 10$.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 29th, 2012, 02:10
The new DLC is also available in the Gold Edition pack.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

September 29th, 2012, 15:38
I am still waiting for them to remove the DRM that requires you to be online even in single player else you miss out on certain features. I would have bought it a long time ago if it hadn't been for that.

Xian

Sentinel

September 29th, 2012, 16:38
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
I am still waiting for them to remove the DRM that requires you to be online even in single player else you miss out on certain features. I would have bought it a long time ago if it hadn't been for that.
Ubisoft doesn't plan that, not in the near future. Sorry.
But I agree, that's the most annoying thing in the game. You get disconnected in the middle of the fight and then you have to start it all over again, not to mention you're practically forced to make a save after each move so you don't loose much of your progress.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

September 29th, 2012, 17:27
If you buy the Steam version of this, do you still have to maintain a Ubisoft connection? Because, if so, that would be totally beyond the pale.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 29th, 2012, 20:08
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
If you buy the Steam version of this, do you still have to maintain a Ubisoft connection? Because, if so, that would be totally beyond the pale.

-Carn
Yes every Ubisoft game requires uplay regardless if it's on steam. You can play the game without connecting but you lose a few game features.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2012, 01:13
Yikes….well, I won't be buying any Ubisoft games, then. I coulda sworn I read something recently about Ubisoft relaxing their online demands, but I could be wrong about that.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2012, 01:28
Yikes….well, I won't be buying any Ubisoft games, then. I coulda sworn I read something recently about Ubisoft relaxing their online demands, but I could be wrong about that.

-Carn
Only the new games. This game is not new just a collection of dlcs and old main game. It would take time and money to have someone patch it out and I'm sure they wont.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2012, 14:31

-Carn
The other problem is that you're confusing DRM with "online benefits". Basically, they can remove the DRM from the game, that would mean you don't need an internet connection to play. Another thing is having features only accessible if you play online. This second part is not really DRM. In fact, I decided to play 'offline' M&MH6 a long time ago, so my saves are stored locally. I miss on a few things like 'dynasty weapons' (if that's their name), choosing the class of your story heroes (it's pre-defined per campaign if offline), and the map-perks. But those are really accessory to the games, the game is completely playable without them.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

September 30th, 2012, 15:15
So they penalise you for playing offline? Great, treat you players like thieves.

Barghest

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2012, 19:28
Originally Posted by Barghest View Post
So they penalise you for playing offline? Great, treat you players like thieves.
you can see it that way or see it like they're giving online-only perks

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

September 30th, 2012, 19:47
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
you can see it that way or see it like they're giving online-only perks
It's still a dick move when you receive the epic item just to have it striped because your not online. You can still play but a nagging voice in your head knows better.

It's just like dlc. You don't need it but something feels wrong when you don't have it.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2012, 20:18
If it isn't an mmo, you should never lose out on not being online. That's my judgement line right there, and any product that varies from that won't be bought by me, and I'll badmouth it till I get fatigued. Heck, if was FREE and they force me to be online I wouldn't play it.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2012, 23:41
They are just dropping for future games and requiring a one-time activation (without limits on reactivation). If true, I may be willing to purchase Assassin's Creed 3 from them. (Reference: Ubisoft drops DRM)

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » M&M: Heroes VI - Danse Macabre DLC Available