|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » 1Up - Desert Island Discs

Default 1Up - Desert Island Discs

May 13th, 2007, 12:20
Actually, the only time I really enjoy randomisation, is when I AM stranded on a desert Island!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 13th, 2007, 14:33
It'd be a strategy game… once you've done everything in a RPG game… not so much point to play it through yet again. I think I'd worry more about getting away from the Island and less about playing though…

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

May 13th, 2007, 18:54
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Those LONG, TEDIOUS, randomised dungeons would be perfect for a desert island!! Mo, LOOK at the context of the recommendation!!!!
Long and tedious doesn't cover it though in my opinion. As I said, I found the dungeons in Daggerfall completely retarded beyond any imagination . I would only bring Daggerfall to this island if the requirement were to torture myself to death while being there.

BTW, I don't mind randomized content in general. If it serves a purpose and is well done (as in the Diablos) then it can be a reasonable method to create some diversity but Daggerfall, oh man, … (Edit: This forum needs a vomit smiley! )

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 14th, 2007, 00:50
Without trying to pile up on DF, I agree. I'd rather count grains of sand on the island than suffer through a pointless random dungeon that can't be solved before falling through the floor.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 14th, 2007, 00:56
World of Warcraft if the computer also had an internet connection. Online games in general take more time than single player games, even though the enjoyment-per-hour is less. If MMOs are out of the question, I'd bring one of the Gothic or Baldur's Gate games. Preferably both series, that would keep me occupied for months because of the high replayvalue of them all.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

May 14th, 2007, 01:48
They do specify no Internet, but what does it mean that so many would pick WoW but for that qualifier? Heck, stranded on an island with WoW would be kind of a blessing; 16 hours a day of WoW with absolutely no guilt for wasting your life…

But seriously, what does it mean? Why is WoW so fun? Or is fun the right term… I'm thinking back to those wonderful Vogel columns on gamasutra.

Yeesh

Hopeless Curmudgeon

May 14th, 2007, 02:27
Like I said, fun-per-hour is higher in single player games. WoW is something to do inbetween all the SP games that rarely take more than a week to get through. The reason why so many want WoW is probably because it's a neverending grind, no matter how much you play, there will always be new content, and if you are playing with others that are hardcore, you get to explore this content ahead of everyone else. Which of course leads to better items -> more power/better reputation -> bigger epeen. It's all about the epeen.

Maylander

SasqWatch

May 14th, 2007, 09:38
Probably Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Complete edition. While it certainly isn't my favourite game there is almost unlimited gaming hours there.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

May 14th, 2007, 22:15
nah, after having completed all the maps on the hardest setting… not much left to do… my highscore is even so high it breaks the layout of the highscore list.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

May 14th, 2007, 22:57
Get more maps, there must be thousands of them out by now.

Maylander

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » 1Up - Desert Island Discs