|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Update #17, New $165 Tier, Expansion Revealed

Default Project Eternity - Update #17, New $165 Tier, Expansion Revealed

October 8th, 2012, 22:19
In Project Eternity's Update #17, Feargus Urquhart announces a new $165 tier that includes a copy of Wasteland 2, as well as revealing expansion plans. The mega dungeon continues to grow and more:
Personally, we are incredibly thankful to him and for the second wave of Kickstarter attention he brought with Wasteland 2. But, Brian hasnít stopped being the great guy that he is, and so, heís helping us out by letting us add Wasteland 2 as a reward at our higher tiers. So, what tiers will that be? A lot of you have asked for a digital tier after $110, so we are adding a $165 Digital Only Tier. That means Wasteland 2 will get added to this new $165 tier and all the tiers above.
What we are also doing is adding the first expansion pack for the game to the $165 Tier (and above). The expansion will come out approximately six months after Project Eternity is released. Thatís right, itís not DLC, but a real honest to God RPG expansion pack. We donít have the details on the Expansion yet, but you can bet it will be what youíd expect from an Infinity Engine game expansion.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 8th, 2012, 22:19
That is awesome news. I didn't get a chance to pledge to WL2. So, i'll just up my pledge to PE to 165.00.

DarNoor

Sentinel

October 8th, 2012, 22:51
Since the announcement, less than an hour ago they already jumped around the average amount they would get in a day as of late. The strategy is working and, well, why wouldn't it be? Instead of promising a T-shirt or a name in the credits or an extra class, they're giving you Wasteland 2.

himmy

Watcher

October 8th, 2012, 23:22
Will be staying with my $140 pledge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this new $165 tier is digital-only right? I want my physical goods.

FIRST EXPANSION/WASTELAND2 DIGITAL ONLY TIER - All rewards from the previous digital tiers + PROJECT ETERNITY'S FIRST EXPANSION + DRM free digital download copy of WASTELAND 2 + all the other digital rewards of the $250 tier available now and added during the Kickstarter campaign. If you don't need the physical goods, then this is a great reward tier for you.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 8th, 2012, 23:23
yep, the $165 tier is digital only.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 8th, 2012, 23:31
The $165 tier avoid shipping charges if you're outside the US

Barghest

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2012, 00:55
Would be nice to get the physical goods from the $140 tier + expansion pack. Oh well. $140 is already stretching my wallet as it is.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 9th, 2012, 02:32
I wouldn't be surprised to see them updating some of the physical goods pledge level like the 250 one to include the expansion as well in the next day or two.

Steam: Galaad97

Galaad

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Galaad Send a message via Skype™ to Galaad

October 9th, 2012, 02:58
Originally Posted by Galaad View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see them updating some of the physical goods pledge level like the 250 one to include the expansion as well in the next day or two.
Everything above 165 get the expansion. They already updated the images on the main page.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2012, 03:59
Well I'm sold on the expansion time to up my pledge. It's nice to see it wont be more piecemeal dlc.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 9th, 2012, 06:36
I find myself repeatedly viewing my email to gaze at this chuckle-worthy image:

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 9th, 2012, 07:02
At $140 now and want the physical goods. Can't justify going all the way to $250 just for the expansion.

sakichop

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2012, 08:20
That seems a bit spendy when its all digital. Basically you are getting two games and an expansion for that, and no physical components. They would have to do better than that to get me interested.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

October 9th, 2012, 09:40
Originally Posted by Arkadia7
it’s not DLC, but a real honest to God RPG expansion pack.
That and Wasteland2… I didn't really want all that cloth… rags… um… physical stuff anyway so I'll switch.

EDIT:
It didn't automatically cancel my previous amazon authorization, so beware if you switch - if you don't manually cancel it, you'll be charged more than once.
Last edited by joxer; October 9th, 2012 at 09:53.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2012, 11:32
I was actually surprised they were not using Kicking it Forward from the very beginning. They were probably working out the details with Fargo. Wonder how much InExile gets from this deal.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

October 9th, 2012, 13:25
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
I was actually surprised they were not using Kicking it Forward from the very beginning.
Kick it Forward just give more money to Kickstarter/Amazon Payment. They take another 15% on the 5% your project is going to give them to give to other projects.

Much better for the project creator to just back the project they like, which Obsidian have been doing.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2012, 15:05
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
That seems a bit spendy when its all digital. Basically you are getting two games and an expansion for that, and no physical components.
I was thinking the same thing this morning, actually. I love Obsidian but their reward tiers are all more 'expensive' than I expected. I'm content to fund the [hopeful] game project of my dreams, but $165 for some bandwidth is discouraging.

Perhaps Wasteland 2 and other projects just spoiled me.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 9th, 2012, 15:52
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I was thinking the same thing this morning, actually. I love Obsidian but their reward tiers are all more 'expensive' than I expected. I'm content to fund the [hopeful] game project of my dreams, but $165 for some bandwidth is discouraging.

Perhaps Wasteland 2 and other projects just spoiled me.
Same here. I hope at least they can offer the DLC for lower tiers since its part of the game and not related to Wasteland 2.

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

October 9th, 2012, 16:22
DLC?! I hope there will be no Blizzard/EA/Ubi-like 10$ horse armor DLC here. For any tier.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 9th, 2012, 16:37
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
DLC?! I hope there will be no Blizzard/EA/Ubi-like 10$ horse armor DLC here. For any tier.
DLC just mean Downloadable Content. It's an expansion, not a $5 reskin of something.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Update #17, New $165 Tier, Expansion Revealed