|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Release Date Set, Pre-orders Taken

Default KB: Warriors of the North - Release Date Set, Pre-orders Taken

October 17th, 2012, 13:29
The next chapter in the King's Bounty seriers named Warriors of the North will be available on October 26 and is available in two versions.
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED
Pre-Order Available

MOSCOW, Russia October 16, 2012 –Leading Eastern and Central European publisher, 1C Company, is thrilled to announce the worldwide release date for King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North. The next chapter in the multi-award winning RPG/adventure saga will be available to all on October 26, 2012.
The game will come in two editions, the standard edition, for a suggested price of€29.99 and the special Valhalla Edition selling for €32.99, which includes:
  • Valhalla Armor Set
These unique in-game items are an armor set the hero can collect in the course of their journeys. Combined together these artifacts give additional a strong boost to the character’s attributes.
  • Digital artwork and wallpapers
Digital bonuses: Ultra-high resolution artwork depicting an epic battle of Olaf and the Valkyries against undead hordes, and wallpapers available in all popular desktop resolutions.
The King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North pre-order is now available at Steam, Amazon, GameStop, GamersGate and many others. Each shop offers additional bonuses for pre-orders.
King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North is the next chapter in the hit RPG/adventure saga. The new tale takes place in the familiar world of Endoria featured in the previous games, but begins in the Viking lands. A world which the celebrated hero Bill Gilbert never visited during his famous quest in King’s Bounty: The Legend. The Mighty Olaf, son of the Konung of Northlings, has dedicated his life to battling the undead that have infested the northern lands of Endoria. He seeks to liberate the snowy wastes, Dwarven dungeons, and the very heart of Endoria, the kingdom of Darion itself, from the dark grip of necromancy. On his quest towards immortal glory he will encounter cunning foes and new friends, hard battles and amazing adventures.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 17th, 2012, 13:29
At last! Feels like I've been waiting for this forever.

Yme

Sentinel

October 17th, 2012, 13:57
Originally Posted by Yme View Post
At last! Feels like I've been waiting for this forever.
Finally, i cant wait to play.\

After playing KB i hope XCOM is patched severel times so i finally can play that gem without too many problems.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

October 17th, 2012, 17:57
?
Xcom doesn't need a patch to enjoy it. It's "polished" like DX:HR, almost no bug to see. Yes, there are a few annoyances, but really nothing serious that would make me go register on the official board and rant endlessly, like the case of Skyrim.

I'm still unsure if I'll preorder the new KB or not. Probably I will, but dunno.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2012, 19:24
They're milking it, for sure, but considering how much fun I had with previous installments in the series I'm tempted to get this one as well…

Demiath

Watcher

October 17th, 2012, 19:31
I'll buy it for sure, although I don't know when. Probably not until I've finished Dishonored and XCOM, and I haven't started playing either of those yet.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 17th, 2012, 19:32
Hmm perhaps for me. I'd prefer something new rather than just a tweaked game. I loved TL and AP.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2012, 21:00
Amazon and Gamestop in the UK don't seem to be stocking this, Gamersgate and Steam has the Valhalla Edition for £22.49 though which isn't to bad. Steam is also offering a free copy of Fantasy Wars.

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

October 17th, 2012, 21:10
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Amazon and Gamestop in the UK don't seem to be stocking this, Gamersgate and Steam has the Valhalla Edition for £22.49 though which isn't to bad. Steam is also offering a free copy of Fantasy Wars.

Daniel.
Pre-ordered on steam. Thanks for the tip.

Yme

Sentinel

October 18th, 2012, 11:41
I preordered as soon as I saw the announcement. I spent a lot of hours in KB:TL and AP so looking forward to this, even if it is just more of the same.

Xian

Watchdog

October 18th, 2012, 11:49
On and here is the manual for anyone that wants to take a look!

http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/…f?t=1350376132

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

October 18th, 2012, 14:55
This is a completely new game (much as AP was a new game relative to KB-Legend). The dragon is gone and new mechanism replace it. The map is 1/2 way between AP's island hopping and KB-Legend larger maps. As to whether it will be more or less enjoyable only you can say. Also it seems to be a bit harder than AP (which I found rather easy) and perhaps even more difficult than KB-Legend though that is not clear.
(As a scale an impossible game with no losses in AP/AP-crossroad is not that difficult in all classes; where as I personally could never play an impossible game without losses in KB-Legend - though impossible games themselves were not too difficult after level 15 or 20 depending on class).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

October 18th, 2012, 16:55
I'm aware it's probably more of the same with minor changes, but what the hell.
I've enjoyed many hours with both The Legend and Crossroads, so in the end I've preordered.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 18th, 2012, 17:01
King's Bounty and it's expansions have been my absolute fave games of recent years, I can't wait to play the new one!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

October 18th, 2012, 17:42
Rage magic system looks same like KB:AP,too bad I liked chest of rage more.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

October 19th, 2012, 09:47
Well, the one in AP was more balanced I think.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 19th, 2012, 10:52
I hated the pet dragon in AP/Crossroads, it's now removed, I love it.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 19th, 2012, 13:43
preorder bonus in Gamersgate is KB1 (already have it) and in Steam it's Fantasy Wars (already have it), are there any other stores with preorder bonus other than the Valhalla thing (think that's common to all)?

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Release Date Set, Pre-orders Taken