|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter - Divine Space Announcement

Default Kickstarter - Divine Space Announcement

October 15th, 2012, 12:22
Word received us about a new Kickstarter campaign for a space action RPG named Divine Space.
Divine Space is a 3D space adventure/quest ARPG in hard sci-fi genre, with real-time combat and click-n-go controls. It's a mix of the spirits of such games as Star Control, Elite, and Space Rangers; this simple gameplay comparable to Dark Orbit, with excellent, up-to-date three-dimensional graphics somehow comparable to Eve Online.
The first version of the game will be released for iPads, very soon after (within 2-3 months) - we will release version for Anrdroid pads.

Later, there will be PC/Mac/Linux version and, hopefully, iPhone and later MMO (previous are single-player versions).
Main features of the game:
  • Scientific: the world is built on real astronomical data, obtained from astronomers and scientists. Stars have their real positions, spectral classes, etc;
  • Construction of ships from parts. You can built your custom hulls and add devices and weapons;
  • Deep scenario and world design (it's almost USP nowadays). We built our scenario based on current research. It's somewhat a prediction of the possible future;
  • Most operating systems are supported. First, the game will be single-player ARPG, but the game will move toward serious MMO;
  • For the iPad and Android there are no similar space games of the same quality, and there are no similar 3D games with same casual controls;
  • Educative. We teach our players, and this is our mission - and they won't even notice that. We make world better.
We might be interesting for you because we are first Russian team that is going for such large goal - $100,000, while we are indie and unknown team. There weren't other Russian teams at Kickstarter (or other crowdfunding portals) with such goal. Our project is good, and of the good quality. It's not something we made in a month - we began development in end of 2011. We have very positive feedback from our backers; conversion to backers is 2,6% (and that's much for an indie game).
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 15th, 2012, 12:22
I love those pieces of concept art, and the game looks interesting. Already being a backer of 6 kickstarter projects, I'm inclined to see if any of them pan out first though.

Yme

Sentinel

October 15th, 2012, 12:55
This is new, a game port from iPad to PC.

Excuse me, but I'll skip it even if it's the most revolutionary game ever made. Sorry but I won't support any RPG attempts on iPad, iPhone and etc. Why? Because for the same money you give for a smartphone you can buy a sci fi PC.
Good luck kickstarting it.

joxer

Mass Effect 4 Shepard
RPGWatch Donor

October 15th, 2012, 14:41
Is there someone trying to take the "brand name" of Larian to something new ?

I'm biased, I know.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 15th, 2012, 15:00
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
This is new, a game port from iPad to PC.

Excuse me, but I'll skip it even if it's the most revolutionary game ever made. Sorry but I won't support any RPG attempts on iPad, iPhone and etc. Why? Because for the same money you give for a smartphone you can buy a sci fi PC.
Good luck kickstarting it.
I don't know, I like my ipad due to it being very portable. It is extremely narrow minded to think it doesn't have a use. If anything it reminds me of a much more compact laptop.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 15th, 2012, 16:24
What I like very much: when a games company tells you exactly what type of game they're developing in the very first sentence. Often it takes ten minutes to get to whether it's action/RTS/turn-based.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

October 15th, 2012, 19:48
Neat! It looks like Obsidian has raised the bar on good Kickstarter presentations. But the focus is on iPad? That would be a shame.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kickstarter - Divine Space Announcement