|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grimoire - Crowdfunding campaign at indiegogo

Default Grimoire - Crowdfunding campaign at indiegogo

October 20th, 2012, 03:16
Ive bought a lot of cds that i hated, and never got my moneys worth. Put out, yes by sociopaths like glenn danzig (he has released some masterpieces too). Ive eaten plenty meals and felt they werent worth the money. Created by psychopathic sushi chefs (have you ever watched those guys?). Pre-ordered games at full price that werent worth shit (im looking at you, Dungeons).

Its 25 bucks. I spend that at dinner. I spend that in 2 days at Starbucks. Hell, ive spent that much on air conditioning as i sit here typing this.
I aint sweatin it. Its not a big deal.
And if its epic, it will be totally worth it…….
Last edited by xSamhainx; October 20th, 2012 at 03:35.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 20th, 2012, 03:18
Man you live in san diego….you have it great, man I love that city.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 20th, 2012, 03:34
Yeah, it really is a great place to live. Great food, beautiful women everywhere you look, and pretty much always nice weather. Just expensive as fuck, from the gas to the cost of property youre paying thru the nose.

Its worth it tho - just as long as you can afford it!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 20th, 2012, 03:38
I thought you guys were getting killed with recession down there, someone told me properties in California are going for cheap. Not as cheap as Arizona mind you.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 20th, 2012, 03:46
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Ive eaten plenty meals and felt they werent worth the money. Created by psychopathic sushi chefs (have you ever watched those guys?).
Spoiler – what they really think of California Rolls

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

October 20th, 2012, 08:29
Cleve is a shameful piece of hell.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

October 20th, 2012, 08:45
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
Cleve is a shameful piece of hell.
What piece exactly?

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 20th, 2012, 09:21
If Grimoire is released in May 2013 - rememember it were the X-Men (xSamhainx and HiddenX) who supported this project

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 20th, 2012, 10:28
Haha I think they are waiting to put you guys on a wall of shame for suckers who donated.

I am saving up for one of the higher tiers so I will join you soon for better or worse.

DashiDMV

Traveler

October 20th, 2012, 11:35
I think people should avoid using low price as a main argument. (Especially if you're going to hint in your very next post that you are well-off enough xSamhainx) For one, price cannot be the only thing you primarily consider when deciding to buy something. It only matters if there are other incentives - a product needs to appeal to you before you look at the price tag. If anyone doesn't agree with this I will charge you the bargain price of only one dollar to come over and punch you in the nose - that is, you will need to pay me first and then I'll see if I'm motivated enough to deliver.

Secondly, I'm sure gambling can be fun (and most seem to agree that, practically, that's what this is) but for those of us who need to keep an eye on our budget, not playing a game we like, because we can't afford it after wasting part of our limited budget on a bubble, is a lot less fun.

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)
Last edited by holeraw; October 20th, 2012 at 12:29.

holeraw

V.G.A.

October 20th, 2012, 12:57
Originally Posted by holeraw View Post
Secondly, I'm sure gambling can be fun (and most seem to agree that, practically, that's what this is) but for those of us who need to keep an eye on our budget, not playing a game we like, because we can't afford it after wasting part of our limited budget on a bubble, is a lot less fun.
Crowdfunding should only be done with spare money - money you don't need at all - the risk of losing it is not zero.
But we have enough people here in the mid 40s and older, they should have enough money to spend.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 20th, 2012, 13:13
Hey, if you're looking to get rid of money that you don't need at all how about I help you out by pming you my bank account details?

"I am not interested in good; I am interested in new, even if this includes the possibility of it's being evil"
(LaMonte Young, 1962)

holeraw

V.G.A.

October 20th, 2012, 14:49
Do you program old school hardcore crpgs?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 20th, 2012, 15:07
Maybe I could make one if I was motivated enough by getting lots of money in advance!

See I can try to sell a very risky promise too… And if the above sentence alone didn't convince you to just give some to me then you should agree that there are more important things to consider before looking at the price.

But that's a good question, it shows that you do need that money after all, you need it to buy RPGs and support to their creators. And so do I. I just don't want by spending it to end up encouraging reckless blatant unprofessionalism.

(LaMonte Young, 1962)
Last edited by holeraw; October 20th, 2012 at 15:22.

holeraw

V.G.A.

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grimoire - Crowdfunding campaign at indiegogo