|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Updates, $4M Stretch Goal

Default Project Eternity - Updates, $4M Stretch Goal

October 18th, 2012, 02:07
Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
Please,if any PE devs read this heed my words.There is something lovely about the isometric infinity engine view and I feel that when you go into a conversation with an NPC that it should stay in this view.There is a negative immersion thing happening when the characters suddenly fill the screen when talking to other people.I wanna remain with the gods eye view to keep your head in one place and not suddenly becoming 1st person view when talking.DAO did this and I felt it detracted from the game by large amounts.
I disagree really. I like the close-ups on conversations, as I can't see the faces and expressions from the isometric view.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

October 18th, 2012, 13:37
Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
Please,if any PE devs read this heed my words.There is something lovely about the isometric infinity engine view and I feel that when you go into a conversation with an NPC that it should stay in this view.There is a negative immersion thing happening when the characters suddenly fill the screen when talking to other people.I wanna remain with the gods eye view to keep your head in one place and not suddenly becoming 1st person view when talking.DAO did this and I felt it detracted from the game by large amounts.
It's a 2d background, so unless they fade it to black or something you'll get a horrible mess if you zoomed in. Hmm fading to black isn't such a bad idea actually.. concentrating on the characters in the conversation…

kalniel

SasqWatch

October 18th, 2012, 17:55
I think Chris should be excited to play Arcanum, not forced.

Ragnaris

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Project Eternity - Updates, $4M Stretch Goal