|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shaker - Update #9, The World of Antera

Default Shaker - Update #9, The World of Antera

October 19th, 2012, 10:38
It was a while coming but Brenda Brathwaite and Tom Hall's Shaker Kickstarter has a new update with a map of the world of Antera and some examples of major locations. An example:
Connelly (or whoever you customize as your main character) and team find themselves on a world they've visited before, but only in a narrow sense, under strict orders. Now they will be required to explore it more deeply to find out what happened…and if there is the possibility of any way home. If not, it's time to settle in and find their place in this new world!
This area is Blade Sector, the second sector in the way Shaker operatives have divided up this world and its primary inhabitation sites. Sector names are based on locally familiar words, so that an off-mention will not sound strange. Anvil Sector is inhabited, but is not near the Delta Node on Antera.
Here are a few highlighted places in the area the game will take place in:
THE HUB CITY: LOKE
Loke is a beautiful city on the water, a thriving city for trade and a meeting place for all races. This has been the team's first stop on all their missions.
FELAIRN FOREST: THE SURVIVORS
Living in Rhun-Daar, the humanoid race of the Paldor are survivors of a great onslaught of creatures from Darkling Crag. They won the war, but at a dear loss to their population. Those remaining have an intense mistrust of strangers.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2012, 10:38
Betrayal at Krondor, betrayal at Antera… No, it was Antara.

Each new update of (boobs?) shaker I'm less and less inclined to back it. I bet it's Romero who's writing those updates.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 19th, 2012, 10:52
Is this project still going ahead? The Kickstarter is already a lost cause.

Raggie

Watchdog

October 19th, 2012, 10:58
It'll be a shame if this kickstarter doesn't make it. There's a huge amount of potential here.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 19th, 2012, 11:07
Well, I backed it, but there's no way the current Kickstarter goes through. I'm hoping/assuming they have a plan B.

Raggie

Watchdog

October 19th, 2012, 13:44
maybe if they can convince Project Eternity to back them up (so they send a message to all their followers or something)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

October 19th, 2012, 13:58
They could just do more prep work and try another KS campaign. No rule against trying again, as far as I know.

Indie game developer.

Dev Blog

Naked Ninja

Watchdog

October 19th, 2012, 14:13
It looks promising. But, their mistake was not builing up to the KS campaign. It just appeared out of no where with no information about the game. It wasn't until a few days into the campaing that they started to release some news.
Last edited by DarNoor; October 19th, 2012 at 15:22.

DarNoor

Sentinel

October 19th, 2012, 15:23
They've been standing still on KS for a week. I don't see how they could make it. A shame really, I want this game.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

October 19th, 2012, 15:25
Originally Posted by Loot Drop, a company consisting of 24 people, in KS comment section
Okay, folks, definitely working on updates, large and small, which will tell you more about the game, the world, and all. Yes, are working on two other internal projects, but want to get you folks as much detail as we can!
(italics added by me)
Hm.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

October 19th, 2012, 15:54
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
maybe if they can convince Project Eternity to back them up (so they send a message to all their followers or something)
They did back it, a week ago. Look at their backed projects. Also Tim Schaefer and a few others have endorsed it too. It says something that they aren't able to capitalize on these endorsements. They'll probably have move luck with a better planned re-launch.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

October 19th, 2012, 17:53
They're obviously too busy making a Facebook game about kitten farmers to focus on the $1m they are expecting people to pony up.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

October 19th, 2012, 18:02
So… I take it no PayPal option? I prefer to minimize my attack surface area. (Yes that also means I wouldn't contribute until after it is successful, alas.)

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 20th, 2012, 02:05
I heard the Kickstarter went belly up….maybe they found out how not to do it, lol. I'm sure a thousand excuses will be issued soon.

-Carn

Carnifex

Keeper of the Watch

October 20th, 2012, 03:07
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I heard the Kickstarter went belly up….maybe they found out how not to do it, lol. I'm sure a thousand excuses will be issued soon.

-Carn
Well what a positive response that is.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shaker - Update #9, The World of Antera