|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 3 - Wishlist @ Game Informer

Default Dragon Age 3 - Wishlist @ Game Informer

October 24th, 2012, 00:08
A brief and image heavy wishlist has been setup by Game Informer. Here's a snip:
New Archetypes
Im not going to use this as an opportunity to rake Alistair or Anders across the coals, but the archetypes in your party could use a serious revamping. The Sensitive Male, the Tough Vamp, the Wisecracking Construct, the Alcoholic Dwarf these can all be put to bed. Some concepts from the series have definitely stood out (I loved Justice), but fewer easy choices would help build a more sympathetic cast.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

October 24th, 2012, 00:08
I completely agree with "Bustling Towns", "Bring Back Tactics", "Balance the Skill Trees", and a little bit with "That Dog". The rest… meh. It's all about good story telling.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 24th, 2012, 00:26
I wasted my money on DA2. I feel like an ass for waiting in line at midnight to buy it… I'd like to see Bioware take a step back and lean more to the first game and improve on it. Would love to hear them refer to the next Dragon Age as a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate again!

spiraling69

Sentinel

October 24th, 2012, 05:34
Bustling Towns OMG yes. Also too much same old archetypes. I really would add VAST OPEN WORLD and no more tunnel levels all over.

elikal

Sentinel

October 24th, 2012, 09:06
Gameinformer is known for being in bed with Laidlaw (check how many lengthy interviews he does on that site compared to the others, and which sites were the most vocal in trying to hush down the angry customers left in the wake of ME3 and DA2). It's a good bet that Gameinformer won't publish a word without a wink and nod from The Great Lead Designer Himself. Sorry, Great Creative Director. And he wouldn't wink and nod unless he was planning to implement or promise most of the things they list (especially when they're subjective like 'more X and Y').

The key question on DA3 is whether it will be more of an action game or more of an RPG. All that gameinformer talks about is 'more tactics'.

Gaxkang

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age 3 - Wishlist @ Game Informer