|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today

Default KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today

October 27th, 2012, 20:53
I'm not mixed.
The music is (again) unbelievable, it's a kind of stuff you can't find anywhere - today's scores tend to simplicity and just a few chords, here the music is rich, feels like an orchestral piece turned into a game theme(s).
As I've posted long ago, I've expected more of the same - and I got exactly that. It doesn't mean it's bad! It's another KB game, it didn't move much from first two ones with different skills/spells/items/levels but that's what I wanted.
Quests are as usual kill that/fetch that. But the story behind them is fun. The text contains humor, I can't understand is it so hard to add humor in other games? Real games, not endless respawn grinders.
Early Pegasus… Um… What are you talking about, I'm 5 hours in the game (if Steam doesn't lie) and have yet to see that. Also haven't unlocked valkyres yet, dunno how to do it, but I suppose it happens later in the game just like the chest in The Legend worked. I'm still in the first area, a few more mobs to clear as this is one of those games where devs don't respawn mobs to keep you occupied/grinding because they lacked of ideas.

All I can add that the game is so fun and I can't wait to play some more. Hell, it's so fun that because of it I just can't be arsed to just log in on STO for one minute and click and collect daily grinds. On a scale 1-10 dunno what to say overall yet, but it's definetly 10 on "addictive".

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 27th, 2012, 21:47
I haven't played a single game in the series. There I said it just like many of the the great games people praise and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I just had to say it sorry guys. Let me get back to playing Fallen Enchantress.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 28th, 2012, 08:10
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I haven't played a single game in the series. There I said it just like many of the the great games people praise and don't feel like I'm missing anything. I just had to say it sorry guys. Let me get back to playing Fallen Enchantress.
Then you're just lying lazy on your couch and miss one of the best round based combat strategy series

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 28th, 2012, 11:59
you was right, the wings on the horse you get perhaps too early. Well… I won't complain as the witch hut on the first map is not accessible without it - and this is not a spoiler as if you play the game you already know it.

However there is a spoiler I have to share as it took me a while… The skeleton captain on the second island, if you don't go kill him but choose to help him find a ship…
Spoiler

EDIT:
I'm so hooked to the goddamned music in the game that I'm shuffling it even now while typing… All of it is inside this folder in case you go mad as I did:
\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\King's Bounty - Warriors of the North\data\music

Gaga, Bieber? Who are they?
Last edited by joxer; October 28th, 2012 at 13:55.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » KB: Warriors of the North - Available Today