|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Released

Default Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Released

October 26th, 2012, 17:30
Elemental: Fallen Enchantress is not really an RPG, but more of a tactical strategy with some RPG elements, which might interest our visitors.
In case it doesm know that it is released and can be downloaded from the Stardock store and Steam.
Thanks to SveNitoR, killias2 and Capt. Huggy Face for letting us know.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 26th, 2012, 17:30
i felt bit VERY hard from the first elemental game that i really still have zero interest in this free remake. my collectors edition will gather dust for years.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 17:35
If this wasn't released same time as King's bounty:WotN I might be interested but for now I will wait for sale or might buy at full price when I complete KB and Xcom if there is no sale by than.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

October 26th, 2012, 17:50
"i felt bit VERY hard from the first elemental game that i really still have zero interest in this free remake. my collectors edition will gather dust for years. "

If you bought the first one around release, you get this one for free. Look into it.

In any case, I'm glad there were several of us sending this story in, haha. I'll definitely buy it next week, when I get paid. I'm super excited!

killias2

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 18:02
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
If you bought the first one around release, you get this one for free. Look into it.
Definitely look into it, I did get it for free because of buying WoM on release but was a little hesitant to waste my time again, but having played Fallen Enchantress for a few hours now I can say it's leaps and bounds better already than the first game was.

Basically what I had been expecting from War of Magic back then.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 18:52
I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but it's been getting very positive reactions on the Steam forums.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

October 26th, 2012, 20:47
So I see it is free for owners of the first game; for first time buyers does that mean you get both games or is it just fallen Enchantress?

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

October 26th, 2012, 21:09
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
So I see it is free for owners of the first game; for first time buyers does that mean you get both games or is it just fallen Enchantress?
Better explanation here —> http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18418

Basically, Fallen Enchantress is free for those purchased WoM prior to 2011.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2012, 21:17
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was some cutoff date for people who bought War of Magic early on. If you bought WoM before that date, you get Fallen Enchantress for free, by way of an apology for the terrible state the first game was released in.

Edit: JDR beat me to the punch with a better explanation.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

October 26th, 2012, 21:34
It is a lot better then the first released version.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 26th, 2012, 22:02
First time buyers only get Fallen Enchantress, trust me, consider that a bonus.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 22:32
Gameinformer seems to like it, gave it 8.5 in their review.

Yme

Sentinel

October 26th, 2012, 23:13
It's a pretty fun game with a lot of modding potential. I started following Elemental back when War of Magic was in beta. Never played WoM much because it, well…everybody knows…it was unfinished and boring.

Fallen Enchantress is a MUCH more fun game than WoM. It still seems like there are some things missing, keeping it from excellence, though. The factions need to be more interesting, for example. Also, it crashed on me when I tried to start the Scenario the first time. They didn't ever beta test that part of the game, so I suppose some bugs are unavoidable. The sandbox mode has been solid for me since the betas.

8/10 is about right, IMO.

Elisstar

Watcher

October 26th, 2012, 23:59
So how do you get the free copy if you bought the original, anyway?

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

October 27th, 2012, 00:09
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
So how do you get the free copy if you bought the original, anyway?
Just log on to your Stardock account, click on "my games" and there it is, at least that's what I did.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 27th, 2012, 13:25
Originally Posted by Elisstar View Post
It's a pretty fun game with a lot of modding potential. I started following Elemental back when War of Magic was in beta. Never played WoM much because it, well…everybody knows…it was unfinished and boring.

Fallen Enchantress is a MUCH more fun game than WoM. It still seems like there are some things missing, keeping it from excellence, though. The factions need to be more interesting, for example. Also, it crashed on me when I tried to start the Scenario the first time. They didn't ever beta test that part of the game, so I suppose some bugs are unavoidable. The sandbox mode has been solid for me since the betas.

8/10 is about right, IMO.
I agree, the decision to not seperate the races more is a sad one, although it's still a great game, miles ahead of the disaster that was WOM. For bigger faction differention, try Heavenfalls Stormworld mod. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

The potential of the vanilla game is huge though. Give it two expansions and the game will be a classic just like GC2 became with the TA expansion.

I got the game for free, but I would have gladly payed full, and I'll definitely buy any expansions. My faith in Stardock is restored.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

October 27th, 2012, 14:09
Damn this game. I forgot all about it then I get an email that I get it for free. I have played this game non stop for three days and my eyes are killing me. A few bugs but with some mods and patches I see a real gem. A great sandbox game where you take a 4x strategy game and a RPG and mix them together. I would say a mix between Age of Wonders and Fall from Heaven.

"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

October 27th, 2012, 15:42
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
I agree, the decision to not seperate the races more is a sad one, although it's still a great game, miles ahead of the disaster that was WOM. For bigger faction differention, try Heavenfalls Stormworld mod. I promise you won't be dissapointed.

The potential of the vanilla game is huge though. Give it two expansions and the game will be a classic just like GC2 became with the TA expansion.

I got the game for free, but I would have gladly payed full, and I'll definitely buy any expansions. My faith in Stardock is restored.
Having played all night last night I agree, except for the buying the expansion part, Brad over at Stardock said I will be getting the fist expansion free also.

Almost starting to feel a bit guilty about that now lol.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 27th, 2012, 17:12
I'm mixed; I've been playing since midway in the beta; I find the game fun but it has a huge number of flaws. The major aspect missing from the game (other than some fundemental issues in the design) is lack of exploration. I guess it is more of a sandbox and I like adventure with a story.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

October 27th, 2012, 17:19
The races are more distinct then their graphics give them in terms to abilities.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elemental: Fallen Enchantress - Released