|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Premium Edition for Some EU Territories

Default Skyrim - Premium Edition for Some EU Territories

October 30th, 2012, 13:08
A Skyrim Premium Edition containing a t-shirt, novel and post-cards has been outed on Amazon.de for the UK, Germany and Benelux. Surprisingly, none of the DLC is included. From VG247:
VG247 received further confirmation that the game is only confirmed for release in the UK, Germany and Benelux so far. Other territories are unconfirmed as yet.
OXM reports that Skyrim: Premium Edition has been listed on Amazon.de at 59.99 Euro, along with official box art and contents.
Said contents include an official t-shirt with the logo of the Empire, a copy of official novel “The Infernal City”, and six concept art postcards. The PC edition comes with a 600 page eBook, soundtrack dic and more.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 30th, 2012, 13:08
German gaming site "PC Games Hardware" says that none of the DLCs are in the package.

No idea whether it still requires Steam.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 30th, 2012, 13:19
Wouldn't most people want to wait for DLC? Unless they really care about that superfluous bullsit…

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 30th, 2012, 13:29
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Wouldn't most people want to wait for DLC? Unless they really care about that superfluous bullsit…
Hey! I like t-shirts and books. Admittedly for no rational reason (as usual), but I would actually like a Skyrim T-shirt. Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.

pibbur who (probably) won't buy the game again just for the t-shirt.

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!AW!ML!uC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

October 30th, 2012, 13:33
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.
Why would they bundle the DLCs when they are still making them, only 2 were released so far?

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 30th, 2012, 13:37
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
Hey! I like t-shirts and books. Admittedly for no rational reason (as usual), but I would actually like a Skyrim T-shirt. Strange that the DLC's are not included, makes me suspect that some time later there will be a Skyrim premium goty edition.

pibbur who (probably) won't buy the game again just for the t-shirt.
I'd certainly be mildly shocked if a GOTY with all DLC included wasn't released at some point.

Which is why I have to wonder about this strategy.

I mean, I know you're not the most critical of consumers - but I doubt even you would buy the game (for the first time) in this edition, knowing what you know about GOTY editions.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 30th, 2012, 13:37
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Why would they bundle the DLCs when they are still making them, only 2 were released so far?
Obviously, they'd wait until all DLC is released - which is the norm.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 30th, 2012, 13:59
I'd certainly be mildly shocked if a GOTY with all DLC included wasn't released at some point.

Which is why I have to wonder about this strategy.

I mean, I know you're not the most critical of consumers - but I doubt even you would buy the game (for the first time) in this edition, knowing what you know about GOTY editions.
I think somebody in another thread gave the most probably explanation: they want a new SKU in store for Xmas. They probably expect people to gift this to people who haven't played the game yet or are big fans of Skyrim.

They did something similar with Oblivion right before Skyrim released with the 5th anniversary edition too.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 30th, 2012, 14:01
I think somebody in another thread gave the most probably explanation: they want a new SKU in store for Xmas. They probably expect people to gift this to people who haven't played the game yet or are big fans of Skyrim.

They did something similar with Oblivion right before Skyrim released with the 5th anniversary edition too.
I guess so, though the regular edition would probably suffice. So, I can't help but consider it a scam.

Then again, I tend to consider most "collector" stuff scams of some variety.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 30th, 2012, 14:06
I agree that it's the most logical explanation, azarhal. I'm not sure how many new purchasers of Skyrim are out there, but I guess we'll find out. As long as it doesn't detract from the building of Fallout 4, I'm all for it

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

October 30th, 2012, 18:50
Yeah they're probably doing it to get shelf space in European retail for the holiday season. I seem to remember that their retail PC version sales in Europe have been quite significant so that would maybe explain why just that region.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

October 30th, 2012, 20:51
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
German gaming site "PC Games Hardware" says that none of the DLCs are in the package.

Dhruin says none of the DLC is included, too, right there in the original post.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 30th, 2012, 21:22
I guess so, though the regular edition would probably suffice. So, I can't help but consider it a scam.

Then again, I tend to consider most "collector" stuff scams of some variety.
You're getting exactly what they're offering, for exactly the amount of money that they're asking. So how can it be a scam?

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 30th, 2012, 21:48
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
You're getting exactly what they're offering, for exactly the amount of money that they're asking. So how can it be a scam?
The scam involves psychological deception which I'm sure you wouldn't recognise, so I don't think I'll bother detailing what I mean

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 31st, 2012, 08:29
BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!

Eh ………………………………………. maybe not. Actually, you're right.

pibbur who with a bit of sadness realizes that very few (if any, wife included) do things because pibbur say so.

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!AW!ML!uC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

October 31st, 2012, 21:19
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post

Skyrim is a Steamworks game. Every copy, whether it is a packaged retail disc or digital download, requires Steam.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Premium Edition for Some EU Territories