BioWare - Mass Effect Trilogy Update and Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
External Producer Ryan Warden provides an update on the Mass Effect Trilogy at the Bioblog:
We began work on Mass Effect Trilogy in earnest last April, shortly after Mass Effect 3 had shipped. The trilogy was complete, but there was a slight complication — there are people who had missed out on one (or more) titles in the series. From day one, we had announced that Mass Effect would be part of a trilogy. Jumping into the series at a midpoint could be intimidating. One thing you should know about our development team is that we’re all very passionate about the trilogy, the entire Mass Effect universe. So we started looking at ways to take away any intimidation or barriers players new to the franchise might feel, while also providing an amazing overall experience at a great price for the holidays. So the Mass Effect Trilogy was born.
Now I know that may sound like an easy thing to do, but it actually took a lot of talented people and a lot of effort to make this happen – for every version of Mass Effect Trilogy. Even for the platforms we’ve launched all three games on before, reissuing a game isn’t easy. There isn’t a switch in the game code that you can flip and suddenly it runs on newer, completely different hardware architecture or a new online client. There is no such thing as “just a port.” Luckily, we have great partners at Microsoft and EA who were instrumental in helping us make as seamless of an experience as possible for all three games.
Then there was building the original Mass Effect for the PlayStation 3.
...and there's a trailer via VG247.
More information.

I have come to the conclusion that the world will never stop talking about Mass Effect. I'm not kidding every week there are editorials or newsbits on almost every website.

:thinking: Hmm maybe that's Bioware's new pr agenda that's something to think about. Excuse while I become more paranoid and ponder the issue.

bye bye bioware.... I was your defender, now (after DA2 and ME3) I am your enemy - and I am happy about that. yay

I wouldn't mind playing all three as a single game, it would be kind of interesting.

Funny, I consider ME3 the best of the franchise, but I only played it with all DLCs so I have no idea how bad it was on release.
Fantastic trilogy altogether though. Playing it from first to third with safe transfer is experience unlike any other in gaming and beyond.

Is the trilogy still not including all dlcs?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/09...include-several-dlcs-but-feature-ps3-support/

◦On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

In other words, most of the good single-player DLCs are not included.

It's being talked about (still) because it is the single greatest 3-game trilogy I've ever played. *shrugs* Despite the shift from exploration to shooter throughout the series, it was still an epic story. I know many disagree, but the more ME the better.

Now, if they're still pimping the first 3 games a year from now, then I'd even get tired of it. But hopefully they'll have some new content to talk about by then.

Funny, I consider ME3 the best of the franchise, but I only played it with all DLCs so I have no idea how bad it was on release.
Fantastic trilogy altogether though. Playing it from first to third with safe transfer is experience unlike any other in gaming and beyond.
Agreed sir!

I'm waiting for Omega to drop to do a *wheez* ME-ME2-ME3 with all available content/weapon/multiplayer dlc *wheez* should be quite a *wheez* ride.

Kind Regards,

Biotic God.

Last edited:
A bit offtopic, but i thought this was quite funny…

Funny but so true given all the journalists coming out of the closet with more info on how shady the business has become.

Last edited:
I haven't paid attention to professional reviews since the days of Nintendo Power or Gamepro magazine. I have always read user reviews when I can. Sometimes you find like-minded individuals who share your tastes in games when reading user reviews, that those reviews become very valuable. It works well for me.

As for Mass Effect, I got bored with the first game about 30 hours in and never went back to it. It was a good game, very pretty, good action, passable RPG elements, but I just got bored with it. I think it was too long of a game for what it was. Too many side quests. I know it's weird to say a game I spent 30 hours with was too long, but around that time I was just ready for it to be over. It was boring going to every star system in the game searching for side quests, and I didn't care to finish the main story. Blah...

The best part of that game was the graphics. Seeing the various planets was really astonishing. I loved seeing the huge, ominous moons and stars in the sky. Probably some of the best graphics I've seen in a video game.

I would definetly buy this for wii u (or perhaps ps3). I could do with a seamless replay.

This free app is also coming:

Mass Effect: Datapad (2012): A free app for iOS devices. Datapad will allow players to check the status of the galaxy map in Mass Effect 3 and receive messages from characters. Datapad will also contain information about the characters, races, vehicles, weapons, and storyline of the Mass Effect universe, as well as mini-games that interact with the Mass Effect 3 'Galaxy at War' system.

Or then not. Too buzy playing Dragon's Dogma on ps3.

I would definetly buy this for wii u (or perhaps ps3). I could do with a seamless replay.

Are you sure this isn't just a collection of all the discs for the original games? For anyone who already has the games, I don't see the point of buying this. Although you have the option to import a save, you would still be playing through each game individually.

Remastered versions of ME1 and ME2 with updated textures, etc., might have been interesting, but it certainly doesn't seem like that's the case.

Animated Gif kills the page for me again...

I haven't paid attention to professional reviews since the days of Nintendo Power or Gamepro magazine. I have always read user reviews when I can. Sometimes you find like-minded individuals who share your tastes in games when reading user reviews, that those reviews become very valuable. It works well for me.

As for Mass Effect, I got bored with the first game about 30 hours in and never went back to it. It was a good game, very pretty, good action, passable RPG elements, but I just got bored with it. I think it was too long of a game for what it was. Too many side quests. I know it's weird to say a game I spent 30 hours with was too long, but around that time I was just ready for it to be over. It was boring going to every star system in the game searching for side quests, and I didn't care to finish the main story. Blah…

The best part of that game was the graphics. Seeing the various planets was really astonishing. I loved seeing the huge, ominous moons and stars in the sky. Probably some of the best graphics I've seen in a video game.

Perfect example of how everyone's interests are different… I thought the best part of the game was visiting all the other planets and investigating the little mysteries. The Mako was a great way to do it IMO. You actually felt like you were exploring. What's more, is if you didn't care about collecting the stuff for the rather useless side quests (matriarch writings, etc) you could just skip it and stick to the "main" part of each planet. What you did, and to what extent, was up to you.

To me, this was the single-greatest flaw of the next 2 games. For everything they did to improve the characters/drama in the sequels, taking out that pure exploration aspect was unfortunate.

And I thought the game length for all 3 games was perfect because, again, you could do whatever side quests you wanted, or you could stick to the main plot. Kind of like Skyrim. If you do all the side quests, you're easily over 100hrs. If you do the main plot, far less. The game is what you make of it.

Back
Top Bottom