|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Trailer on Monday

Default Bethesda Softworks - Trailer on Monday

November 5th, 2012, 13:46
Isnt using performance enhancing potions a basic action in many video games?

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

November 5th, 2012, 16:27
Ooh! Lance Armstrong is much nastier than any vagina could ever be. Now I'm offended

Leave Elikal alone. He's a pretty harmless poster and just stated his opinion. Elikal, I'm sure many of us here are quite mannerless. Apologies from myself and the other Neanderthals

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 16:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmdX…layer_embedded

Dragonborn, next Skyrim Add-on trailer

(how do I embed video???)

Aha! Thanks Myrthos!
Last edited by GhanBuriGhan; November 5th, 2012 at 17:16.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 5th, 2012, 16:42
I don't know, but I can't view youtube from work, so I hope someone posts it here

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 16:46
Looks like you'll have to fight ol' Vagina Mouth.

Edit: Sorry, Elikal. The world is going to hell in a handbasket, and I'm probably not helping much. And, thanks to you guys, I'll probably won't be able to take the new villian seriously at all.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

November 5th, 2012, 17:02
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRmdX…layer_embedded

Dragonborn, next Skyrim Add-on trailer

(how do I embed video???)
You have to place the 11 characters after 'v=' in the link between the UBB codes: YOUTUBE and /YOUTUBE
Those have to be in brackets of course.

Or you check out our newsbit on it.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2012, 17:17
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
You have to place the 11 characters after 'v=' in the link between the UBB codes: YOUTUBE and /YOUTUBE
Those have to be in brackets of course.

Or you check out our newsbit on it.
Thanks, I edited that above. May be useful to know in the future. And I had you beat by 5 minutes

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 5th, 2012, 17:30
Absolutely incredible! Has a date been given for this add-on? I didn't see that in the trailer. I may have to postpone my new game until that is released. Woo-hoo!

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 17:31
It is in the newsbit, December 4.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2012, 17:40
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
It is in the newsbit, December 4.
Thanks, Myrthos. It looks like it's December 4th for the Xbox. I guess Hearthfire didn't count as a M$ exclusive. This will be bad for Bethesda because PC users won't be able to buy the DLC as a Xmas gift. That's kind of an epic fail marketing wise.

Dragonborn will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE on December 4. Fluent, you'll be our add-on guinea pig!

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 18:34
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I guess Hearthfire didn't count as a M$ exclusive.
I did, because it was postponed for 1 month for the PC and M$ deal end on November 11th anyhow.

This is just Bethesda releasing another buggy add-on to try to make a quick buck on the back of xbox users…and they fall for it every time.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 19:11
They might be getting around this because this is an add-on instead of just a dlc. I wonder if there will be physical copies of this sold.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

November 5th, 2012, 19:26
I would gladly download the DLC on the first day and give my review of it, but right now I'm deep in an Oblivion playthrough, so this DLC, as much as I can't wait to play it, is going to be on hold until I'm done with Oblivion.

Not only that, but I'm probably going to start an entirely new character in Skyrim and play both Dawnguard and Dragonborn eventually, but not until I level up a bit, explore more of vanilla Skyrim, etc. So it's gonna be awhile until I get to these DLC. I'm in no hurry

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2012, 22:09
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
I would gladly download the DLC on the first day and give my review of it, but right now I'm deep in an Oblivion playthrough, so this DLC, as much as I can't wait to play it, is going to be on hold until I'm done with Oblivion.

Not only that, but I'm probably going to start an entirely new character in Skyrim and play both Dawnguard and Dragonborn eventually, but not until I level up a bit, explore more of vanilla Skyrim, etc. So it's gonna be awhile until I get to these DLC. I'm in no hurry
Since the DLC takes place in Solstheim, in the meantime I'm going to try to do a playthrough of Morrowind (including Bloodmoon), which I've started a few times but never had a chance to play very much.

Any suggestions for essential Morrowind mods?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

November 5th, 2012, 22:22
I'm a console gamer, so I know nothing of mods. But if I were you, I would play Morrowind and it's expansions without any mods. It might look a little dated, but at least you would be playing it the way the developers intended. And to me, the game still looks great. A little dated, but I still really like how it looks.

If you simply must use mods, I would probably find a mod that updates the graphics/textures. Morrowind Overhaul Mod 3.0 or whatever it is, might be exactly what you're looking for. It overhauls the graphics and sound. But I wouldn't mess with gameplay mods. Would change the game too much for my liking. And I can't really think of any gameplay that needs to be modded.

But when you do play (I'm assuming this is your first time), make sure to take a weapon skill as one of your major or minor skills. You definitely don't want your weapon skills to be in the single digits to start the game. You will never hit anything.

Just be patient with the game and enjoy it for what it is. It's a great one.

Oh, and Bloodmoon is for high level characters, so beware. This isn't Oblivion where the game scales with your level. Bloodmoon is rough on low level characters. You'll never make it very far unless you're level 30 or higher. Tribunal is also wicked for low level characters, at least if you are trying to move in the dungeons. So take your time and explore the main area of the game until you're sufficient level to tackle the expansions.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2012, 22:28
I strongly recommend the no-glow mod that makes magical items look far less plastic.

Zaleukos

Bum

November 5th, 2012, 22:36
Originally Posted by Zaleukos View Post
I strongly recommend the no-glow mod that makes magical items look far less plastic.
I have to strongly disagree with this. Glowing magical items are part of Morrowind's charm. I wouldn't mod that.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

November 5th, 2012, 22:42
Originally Posted by Zaleukos View Post
Any kind of combat overhaul you'd recommend?

That was the main problem I had when playing Morrowind previously. Also the UI was rather cumbersome and inconvenient compared to the more recent TES games.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

November 5th, 2012, 23:42
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
Also the UI was rather cumbersome and inconvenient compared to the more recent TES games.
You thought Morrowind's UI was cumbersome? I think the UI in Morrowind is a lot better than the more consolish UI of the recent games.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 5th, 2012, 23:45
Absolutely. It was head and shoulders above Oblivion and Skyrim. But if all you play is consoles, then I suppose it would be awkward for you. Really, the console player's point of view isn't really applicable to most of us.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Trailer on Monday