Eschalon: Book III - Official Announcement on November 19th

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We all know it's coming but Basilisk has tweeted they will "formally" unveil Eschalon: Book III on November 19th. Hopefully we'll get some media on that date:
We're nearly ready to "formally" announce Book III with screenshots and some game info. Check our website November 19th. Yes, finally!
More information.

So many great games coming and to come!! I'm so excited!! Now all I need is planescape: torment enhanced edition and I can die a happy man =D

Sounds good… The Eschalon games are really high quality for what they are - and it's one of the few series that manages to care about aesthetics in the indie scene.

Yes, finally! That is what I say as well. I just started to play Eschalon: Book 1, again. And finally good news comes. Finally a good RPG announcement. At least from my point of view.

Another great RPG that will come out in 2013(I assume since it's not officially announced yet).I am interested will they work on Eschalon 2 or on completely new game after book III.

Fascinating news, thanks for posting. It makes me more enthused about really getting into Eschalon: Book I as well, which I'm having fun with so far (playing a mage and are about level 8) although the resting pattern and combat itself can be a little repetitive. I like the challenge and the exploration though, which keeps me going.

Just out of curiousity; what are Watchers opinions on the key differences between Book I and II? I haven't purchased II yet but maybe a couple more well reasoned endorsements or not could push me either way. :)

Book II is higher resolution and has eating requirements. It also penalizes weapons toggle which is easy to exploit in Book I. Both great games!

Yah they need to take out repair skill for sure as some found to hardcore to repair your damaged equip after countless battles with monsters that can tear you apart.

Also I hope they keep and allow you the option to live of the land.

Just out of curiousity; what are Watchers opinions on the key differences between Book I and II? I haven't purchased II yet but maybe a couple more well reasoned endorsements or not could push me either way. :)

Due to faster mana regeneration,skill tweaks and few minor changes that sum up playing caster is lot more enjoyable in Book II than in Book I.

Also one question:I didn't play add-on for book II(I already completed game 2 times before it came out),how good is add-on and is it worth reinstalling game for it?

Once Book III is released I will buy the "trilogy" for Linux. :)

I found all the "conditional" playing in book 2 to be silly. Otherwise it was a fairly fun game, though I enjoyed Book 1 more. I'll be happy if they drop the conditional stuff. It's been so long since I slogged through two, I really don't remember a whole lot. I do know it was good enough for me to finish it once. Since I'm a chronic restarter, finishing is a good sign.

Both games in the series are great, and I'm sure the third will be as well. I get to test the third, I have been a tester on both editions so far.

Due to faster mana regeneration,skill tweaks and few minor changes that sum up playing caster is lot more enjoyable in Book II than in Book I.

Also one question:I didn't play add-on for book II(I already completed game 2 times before it came out),how good is add-on and is it worth reinstalling game for it?

I'd rather have them continue the Eschalon saga. I think the world is very interesting and they can extend the experience quite a bit.
On the other hand, I'd love to see a cyberpunk, maybe a shadowrun (Super Nintendo) like game on that engine.

I think the engine is great, the game mechanics and atmosphere was decent but the story and quests were very disappointing in Eschalon 2. But I am looking forward to Eschalon 3 and hope for some improvements mainly on the story/quest side.

IIRC the next thing there were gunning for past Book III was a Sci-Fi something, but that was ages ago. I'm somehow expecting Book III to be a bigger leap over Book II than Book II was over Book I.

Funny, I was just wondering about this the other day. Not that I'm going to play it, but I hope Thomas comes up with something new and exciting [hint: and turn-based] after this series is finished.

Back
Top Bottom