|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Frontiers

Default Frontiers

June 17th, 2013, 19:31
Just check it out please.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…scover-survive
One man's work, one man's dream and he needs some "push" to pay a small team to finish it.

Usually I'd shove this off with a comment "no real story = no money". Or I'd just say get lost with your multiplayer crap. Or I'd troll over the facebook link he included like it's a sacrilege of a sort.

But in this case, I can't but respect the author's dream and thus I've pledged. That guy there is kinda total opposite of some arrogant (EA?) CEO, and I'm softhearted I admit.

Caught the early bird on the ranger option.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 17th, 2013, 20:30
I will say that someone is paying attention because it went up a thousand dollars in the short time I looked at it.
It certainly looks ambitious-I will probably contribute. The guy really has some impressive Hollywood stuff that he has worked on.

It does look like the kind of game I love to play. I hope there is some degree of voice work involved otherwise to me it will just end of being a hiking simulator.

redman5427

SasqWatch

June 17th, 2013, 22:20
looks interesting

dyze

Watchdog

June 17th, 2013, 23:06
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Just check it out please.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/…scover-survive
One man's work, one man's dream and he needs some "push" to pay a small team to finish it.

Usually I'd shove this off with a comment "no real story = no money". Or I'd just say get lost with your multiplayer crap. Or I'd troll over the facebook link he included like it's a sacrilege of a sort.
At least you know yourself.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
But in this case, I can't but respect the author's dream and thus I've pledged. That guy there is kinda total opposite of some arrogant (EA?) CEO, and I'm softhearted I admit.

Caught the early bird on the ranger option.
Good find, the multiplayer comment did give me pause but as long as it's co-op and not MMO, i'm fine with it.

Hope he doesn't get lost in ambition and the game see's the light of day.

Pledged, early bird ranger as well.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 17th, 2013, 23:26
I'm surprised we hadn't heard of this until now. This is definitely worthy of a front page newsbit.

I'm also shocked that this has been the work of only one programmer and a composer to this point.

The kickstarter is already at over $12k after 6 hours. He should have asked for more than just $50k imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 18th, 2013, 03:53
Backed them in the moment I saw the project, was looking for a good exploration/survival game without being hardcore (like "cut a finger and die of infection")

gandalf.nho

Huntress

June 18th, 2013, 16:08
Mkay, I caved in and backed them too.

I hope they make at least 60k, though. Don't really care about any of the later, so far defined stretch goals.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

June 18th, 2013, 16:27
Hmmm, sounds cool. I generally like challenging games, but sometimes I indeed enjoy just exploring. Sounds like it could be a great game to play to relax after a long day at work. Will probably back this.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

July 16th, 2013, 23:46
Only 18 hours left, I believe he'll reach 150K.

Now… My pledge allows me to define an easter egg. Any suggestions? Just don't say Xena sword, while it'd be nifty and compatible to my nick, how the hell would ppl recognize that some rusty sword could be Xena's.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

July 17th, 2013, 03:16
Really like the concept for this game but I'm thinking of pulling my pledge. They just meet their final stretch goal. Everyone that pledged will send in ideas and then he will choose the top 3.

I suppose that's okay but having 3 unknown feature introduced into the game after the kickstarter is over doesn't sit all that well with me. I'd like to know what I'm pledging for.
This is not why I'm thinking of pulling my pledge however.

My worry is at $150,000 they won't be able to implement all these stretch goals. Some of these stretch goals look like they will take significant resources. He was only a one man show to begin with how many people could you really add with only 150,000?

Stretch goals are becoming a thorn in my kickstarter side. I backed the original game I don't need 100 more stretch goals adding development time and costs making it less likely we'll see the game released.

Any of you in the know, can 150,000 really make this game? It seems like a tall order to me.

sakichop

SasqWatch

July 17th, 2013, 20:25
Didn't pull my pledge. It was only $30 so I didn't figure it was worth the trouble.

I will cross my fingers now and wait.

sakichop

SasqWatch

July 20th, 2013, 23:44
I have high hopes for this one. I for one am very glad he made those NPC stretch goals, but you're right, he might have underestimated this.
It's a very ambitious project to say the least.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Kickstarters » Frontiers