|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Bill O'Reilly - Christianity Not A Religion

Default Bill O'Reilly - Christianity Not A Religion

February 22nd, 2013, 15:28
Probably because they can't stand to hear Chris Mathews and all the other liberal media with their Obama worship and class,gender and race warfare.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

February 23rd, 2013, 00:20
I'm not all that liberal, but the idea that 'class, gender and race warfare' is only a problem of the 'liberal media' is laughable at best.

Rithrandil

I bent my wookie

February 23rd, 2013, 04:34
Nobody said it was. I am just pointing out that liberals have their media drivel as well. Following somebody blindly happens on both sides. Like having faith in a health care document that nobody bothered to read. Blind faith and thats kind of what we're talking about.

If you don't see it happens to both sides then thats certainly laughable as well.

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

February 23rd, 2013, 05:34
Originally Posted by Rithrandil View Post
I'm not all that liberal, but the idea that 'class, gender and race warfare' is only a problem of the 'liberal media' is laughable at best.
I get your point, but I'd say those three particular manufactured issues tend to be manipulated far more by the left and the media is always willing to lend a sympathetic ear. The right has their own stable of wedges, although the media doesn't give them nearly as much play.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 23rd, 2013, 12:38
Of course both sides use these issues and wedges, but I'd point out that accurately reporting what groups like the Tea Party are doing does not consist of class, gender, or racial warfare.

For example, pointing out that the Tea Party has repeatedly tried to (essentially) outlaw abortion isn't "gender warfare", and neither is pointing out that the GOP would rather defend (or create more) tax breaks for an ultra minority of Americans than invest in programs that help the average American an example of 'class warfare'.

Now, there are definitely people on the left (*cough* TYT *cough*) that have a … loose relationship with reality, who *will* distort events or blow things out of proportion for political gain. *However, that doesn't really excuse Bill O'Reilly, essentially since he's guilty of the exact same sort of behavior. *

And redman: no one reads entire bills in Congress. It's impossible, and that's why Congressmen have staff.

Rithrandil

I bent my wookie

February 23rd, 2013, 23:01
I would like to see the original clip that started the tread but unfortunately the link is dead or unavailable from sweden

mprod

Watcher

February 23rd, 2013, 23:19
There's a video located here:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendl…-a-philosophy/

Rithrandil

I bent my wookie

February 24th, 2013, 00:17
thanks that was somewhat enlightening
We used to have someone in Swedish television that was approaching that kind of debate leadership/insanity Siewert Öholm
Thankfully they fired him when he became too extreme in his Christian views he just wasn´t the rigth guy to lead debates about the dangers about roleplaying games or heavy metal although watching those today is always a big laugh

mprod

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Bill O'Reilly - Christianity Not A Religion