|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » South Park - New VGAs Footage

Default South Park - New VGAs Footage

December 9th, 2012, 04:15
New footage from South Park: The Stick of Truth has been unveiled at the VGAs. The intro to the entire show is a South Park segment and then after a silly intro from Samuel L. Jackson, there's a new trailer (skip to around 5.00 if you can't stand the pageantry).
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2012, 04:15
Is THQ still the publisher?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

December 9th, 2012, 15:11
That was hilarious!

DarNoor

Sentinel

December 9th, 2012, 17:39
That was pretty funny. The gameplay looked like a real South Park episode. Cool stuff.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2012, 18:47
Still not interested. I love the cartoon but not the game.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 10th, 2012, 00:34
I'm not really crazy about south park humor (mostly the potty humor) but this looks better than I expected. Since production is so simple, I really expect the content value to be so much higher. That is not a lot of repetition (unless they are mocking it) and lots of variation in fights and enemies and quality story in general. It will have to have a lot of rave reviews and if that holds up I might even consider buying it.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

December 10th, 2012, 03:30
Ugh… I despise how MTVish the VGAs have become.

That said… the footage of The Stick of Truth was great, and I'm definitely intrigued by what Obsidian has shown so far. I don't see it going very far as a serious RPG, but it looks like an entertaining game nonetheless.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 10th, 2012, 06:27
Still can't really understand which part of that was gameplay, which trailer and which cutscenes but at least an Obsidian game is getting real primetime. It'll be probably one of the few games I'll have to check the Let's Play vids to understand what the heck is it like.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

December 11th, 2012, 00:35
The idea that the whole game is a LARP by kids in South Park is pretty interesting and RPGy. But the game itself kinda looks lame. I doubt it's gonna be anything great. Just something fanatical SP fans might enjoy.

Ugh… I despise how MTVish the VGAs have become.
Unfortunately, it's becoming a general belief that gamers are shallow and socially awkward people and for a good reason too. I mean you look at most of the trailers and footage publishers and devs use for promoting their game, they are full of explosions and badass characters doing super cool stuff and saying super cool one liners with super cool voice. You look at most of the gaming events and they are filled with cosplayers and booth babes. Main point of discussion for popular Bioware games is about the romance and how a certain character looks hot. (Hard to believe the are official articles written about this stuff.) The whole online gaming culture ( especially for MMOs ) doesn't help either. So no wonder why VGAs have become so MTVish.

Frozen Fireball

Trying to unfreeze

December 11th, 2012, 01:16
Being a fanatical SP fan i'm sure i will enjoy this.

Yes the whole MTV spectacle thing is crazy, but today everyone's a gamer. It's not really meant to appeal to the "hardcore gamer" who are, in comparison, not that many. It's easy to forget when you're on forums like this, people on rpgwatch represents a very small percentage..

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » South Park - New VGAs Footage