Quantcast
The Wonders of Youtube… - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Wonders of Youtube…

Default The Wonders of Youtube…

April 19th, 2016, 21:36
Instead of starting a new thread every time I see a Youtube video that would make for a good thread (this happens regularly with me) I've decided to make a dedicated thread where I can just post things in batches and people can pick and choose based on their personal biases.

Feel free to post your own, but, please, no music videos, no movie trailers, no political bandwagoning videos, no TV clips, gaming streams and any other etc that should belong in already existing threads and forums, please just stick to stuff that's inherently Youtube exclusive content.

…………

This week started on a very sad note for Youtube when I discovered one of its original stars finally died at the age of 8 years old. Ronron had been a star from their infancy, their first video being an amusing depiction of the pleasures of drinking water out of toilet bowls. Their fame spread quickly and naturally and soon enough Fox go FLOOF went viral, currently standing at 23.5 million views. Ronron passed quietly away in his sleep on 6th April 2016.

…………..

This story has been dwarfed, however, by the shocking news that womanising, junkie, all round crazy-party Youtube sensation Toby Turner may have/accused of raped/ing one of his ex-girlfriends, who decided to spill the beans after seeing a toy of Toby in Toy'R'Us and having a panic attack. Tobuscus, as he's known to his 6 million subscribers + 2 million more on his 2nd channel, has denied these allegations and made a very brief video to explain himself and hasn't been seen since. I found all this to be fairly facepalmy, not being a fan of the guy, but this video which covers the immediate follow-up to the scandal is beyond funny, some might even say hilarious. The subject matter is appalling, but, holy cow, just take a sip of a stiff drink while watching this last video unfold, it'll make you mighty glad you're not a socialite.

……………

The topic of bullying and on-line harassment isn't exclusive to RPGWatch of late, it seems to be a hot topic all around Youtube as well. Somebody called Leafyishere (2 million subscribers) has been called out as nothing more than a bully and should make some kind of acknowledgement of this. Leafy's channel is dedicated to finding hilariously crap channels and exposing them as crap, mostly with over-the-top personal jibes, unfortunately his most recent 'victim' had potentially genuine retardation issues and after a video of said victim balling his eyes out the scandal ball got rolling. Leafy seems to be continuing 'business as usual'…

…………….

This is by no means a collection of my favourite forms of youtube entertainment, I am very eclectic and future video links could be about almost anything, these are just the weeks curios which caught my eye for whatever reason. Let me know if you liked any of them and try not to spam the thread, and yes Sacred Path I know you loathe Youtube, nothing for you to see here, please move along.

lackblogger

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 19th, 2016, 22:05
I have no interest in youtube "personalities" or "old school" television personalities. But don't let this curmudgeon get in the way of your enjoyment…
Last edited by Thrasher; April 19th, 2016 at 22:40.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

April 19th, 2016, 22:22
Yeah, this isn't a discussion about Youtube thread, it's a thread for people who like Youtube stuff, glad you picked up on that

lackblogger

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 19th, 2016, 22:53
Yes keep these posts and links up. I always like to see what is going on in the world of Youtube. Plus it usually makes me feel better about my life
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

April 21st, 2016, 18:13
I avoid visiting youtube more than sites oriented on phones. Rumming through garbage is just not my thing.

But if you do find something worth checking, do please post. With a note what's it about, don't just write "mustsee".
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 22nd, 2016, 17:25
Good idea. I may not like all youtube links appearing here, but I welcome the initiative.

Keep up the good work.

pibbur who, unlike his cat, has never appeared on youtube.

PS. Here's the cat…
loading…

and ex-son-in-law.
DS.
--
d++a60e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 22nd, 2016, 20:30
That's one fat cat My parents had such a mean cat, the mailman would not deliver the mail unless the cat was in the house.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable

April 23rd, 2016, 11:16
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
That's one fat cat My parents had such a mean cat, the mailman would not deliver the mail unless the cat was in the house.
Actually he wasn't fat, but I see that he may look fat in the video (probably due to the angle of the camera).

Now for a really scary cat, there is of course this one (sorry, tried to find a video, without success):

In the Norwegian edition it was called "Fenriskatten" (The Fenris cat), after a really nasty wolf in Norse mythology.

pibbur who named the cat in the video "Pascal" after the programming language, and who still can't forgive the wife for not allowing him to call the next (the current) cat "C".
--

pibbur who

Number 13
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 23rd, 2016, 13:36
Didn't Fenris bite off the hand of one of the Gods? That would be a good name for my next dog.
--

Hastar

Unspeakable

April 23rd, 2016, 15:21
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Didn't Fenris bite off the hand of one of the Gods? That would be a good name for my next dog.
Yes. When the gods tried to bind the beast, using a necklace stronger than anything else, they had to hide their intentions, pretending they were just going to test his strength vs the necklace. Fenris was a bit suspicious, and to be sure that they didn't try to fool him, he required that one of them put his hand into his mouth. The god of war Tyr did accept the request, the gods did fool Fenris and Tyr did lose his hand.

The Norwegian name for tuesday, "tirsdag" derives from Tyr.

pibbur who last time he counted had all his hands, all his feet, and all finger like outgrowths that's supposed to be there. Head is in place as well.

PS. Here's a very inspired video about the hands and feet:
loading…

As a former radiologist wannabe, I knew the names of those bones.
DS.
--
Last edited by pibbur who; April 23rd, 2016 at 15:51.

pibbur who

Number 13
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 23rd, 2016, 18:55
More than a decade ago I remember hearing about binaural audio (3D sound via headphones), recorded using an artificial head with two mics inside artificial ears. There were like two samples of it available on the Internet. One of them was about a barber moving his scissors around your head, which sounded very realistic and felt funny. Made you feel a tingle in your spine, actually.

Fast forward to today. Apparently the phenomenon has a name: Autonomous Sensory meridian Response, or in short: ASMR.

And Youtube is full of ASMR videos. Seriously, it looks like there's now a whole industry focused on making different sounds around your head.

In effect, they are sleep-inducing auditory ear massages that are supposed to make you feel a tingling sensation, or simply warm and happy. All rather weird, but I'm sort of amazed nonetheless.
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Wonders of Youtube…