|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » why anyone wants an "assault rifle"

Default why anyone wants an "assault rifle"

December 11th, 2013, 10:36
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
I remember times where lefties made such claims and righties denied them. Fun to see it the other way around…
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
and people wonder why I fear our government:
There's probably been a change in demographics that explains that suddenly, some got more sensitive to the topic. Equality is abbhored by some and the only idea that the police forces can push on them the same way as they are used to pushing on others makes them puke.
http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%…ut_of_control/
Is not in Florida that you can stalk somebody and kill somebody in state of legitimate defense when that somebody turns on you?
When you are protected by that kind of law, nothing prevents you from using it to your advantage on the police forces.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#221

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 10:45
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Heh. France. Heh. And what kind of difference do you think it might have made 70 years ago if most of your population was armed? Yep sure is paranoid of me.
The French population was armed. France had a regular army and a system of general conscription. The question is more on how Germany got rearmed.
Selling the idea that people armed with bolt action rifles could have changed the ways the Germans behaved in France is totally ludicrous. And an insult on the memories of people who were armed and were given a stiffer staff if possible
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012…-trial-suburbs Oh…….guess it does.
Oh, wait, that's for that kind of cases. Buy ARs… Buying ARs is never a silly move to maintain domination.
Last edited by ChienAboyeur; December 11th, 2013 at 18:56.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#222

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 16:37
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Is not in Florida that you can stalk somebody and kill somebody in state of legitimate defense when that somebody turns on you?
When you are protected by that kind of law, nothing prevents you from using it to your advantage on the police forces.
Yeah, thats not at all how it works. People are presumed innocent until proven guilty. If the available evidence isn't enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty, they don't go to prison. Do criminals sometimes walk free because of this system? Yes. It's not perfect. Got any better ideas?
CrazyIrish is offline

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

#223

Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 606

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 17:38
His characterization of Zimmerman as a stalker tells you everything you need to know. At absolute best, that description of events is very questionable and at worst it's an out-n-out lie. If somebody needs to change reality just to make their point…well, I guess that says something about the quality of said point doesn't it.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#224

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,390

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 18:59
Originally Posted by CrazyIrish View Post
Yeah, thats not at all how it works. People are presumed innocent until proven guilty. If the available evidence isn't enough to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty, they don't go to prison. Do criminals sometimes walk free because of this system? Yes. It's not perfect. Got any better ideas?
Criminals walking free? Very rarely. Extremelly rarely. The institution of justice through verdicts make people criminals or not. Criminals seldom walk free, they are simply not made criminals.

As to allowing a stalker to kill with total impunity the person he followed, well, I've no better idea, it seems that the current system works fine…
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#225

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 19:01
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
His characterization of Zimmerman as a stalker tells you everything you need to know. At absolute best, that description of events is very questionable and at worst it's an out-n-out lie. If somebody needs to change reality just to make their point…well, I guess that says something about the quality of said point doesn't it.
Reading too much in the term "stalker" is one way to avoid the point. Could be nice though to read some other less questionable depiction of events.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#226

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 19:08
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
And a tank does a better job at defending me than assault rifle does. Let's all start driving tanks…
That point can be disputed. Watching the last episode of The Walking Dead semi season finale, the same insanity is repeated.
In this series, people kill people and zombies alike using ARs. But a guy with a working tank, instead of using it to crush zombies by thousands, prefers to use it to try and kill people. It ends with the tank being destroyed by a guy with a crossbow and a grenade.

The morale of the story: in world dominated by zombies, there is more security to be found in ARs than in a tank. But what rocks the most is the combo crossbow plus grenade. Tank<<AR<<crossbow<<crossbow+grenade.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#227

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 20:18
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Reading too much in the term "stalker" is one way to avoid the point. Could be nice though to read some other less questionable depiction of events.
Testimony from the Zimmerman case is fairly easy to find, should you actually be so inclined. Given that you've somehow determined he was stalking Sweet Little Trayvon while apparently not paying much attention to that testimony and feel good using that determination as the underpinning for a rather hamfisted insult, I think it's fairly easy to determine your intentions.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#228

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,390

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 20:23
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Criminals walking free? Very rarely. Extremelly rarely. The institution of justice through verdicts make people criminals or not. Criminals seldom walk free, they are simply not made criminals.
If you're going to try pedantry, at least do it right. Criminals are people that commit crimes. Breaking a law is all that's required, not getting caught. Justice only determines whether society can impose punishment on a specific individual, but that has no bearing on whether the crime was committed in the first place.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#229

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,390

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 20:50
Zimmerman now has had additional charges of threatening people with his guns. The guy is obviously a troublemaker.
Thrasher is online now

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#230

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 10,460

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 21:09
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I think it's fairly easy to determine your intentions.
Is that so? So what are my intentions?

Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
If you're going to try pedantry, at least do it right. Criminals are people that commit crimes. Breaking a law is all that's required, not getting caught. Justice only determines whether society can impose punishment on a specific individual, but that has no bearing on whether the crime was committed in the first place.
Pedantry? Breaking a law is all that is required to be a criminal? And who/what states the law? Oh, by the way, how one is determined to be going to try pedantry?
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#231

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,281

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 21:35
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Zimmerman now has had additional charges of threatening people with his guns. The guy is obviously a troublemaker.
Yep, he might be a real piece of work. OTOH, I expect he's going to get spend the rest of his life in trouble regardless of his nature (whatever that might be). There are enough people running around wanting his head on a stick that there will always be an opportunity for someone to manufacture a situation. Sorta like Rodney King, only this time it's the lefties rather than the cops running the game.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#232

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,390

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 21:36
You may want an Assault Rifle because large pigs can be dangerous.

This one dropped instantly and the meat tasted great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HogHunt.jpg (143.5 KB, 50 views)
Toff is offline

Toff

Toff's Avatar
Sentinel

#233

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 582

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 21:44
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Yep, he might be a real piece of work. OTOH, I expect he's going to get spend the rest of his life in trouble regardless of his nature (whatever that might be). There are enough people running around wanting his head on a stick that there will always be an opportunity for someone to manufacture a situation. Sorta like Rodney King, only this time it's the lefties rather than the cops running the game.
He's definitely made himself a target for the rest of his life. And he continues to fuel the fire by threatening people with violence. He brought it on himself. The guy is turning out to be exactly like the left has portrayed him. A violent troublemaker. Imagine that.

No pity here. But I am sure all the gun toting righties will manufacture more apologies for him, or blame the left for him being a misfit.
Thrasher is online now

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#234

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 10,460

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 21:59
Originally Posted by Toff View Post
You may want an Assault Rifle because large pigs can be dangerous.

This one dropped instantly and the meat tasted great!
I'm puzzled. If the boar was really dropped right there (I have no reason to doubt that), that leads me to two questions: 1) what's a pig doing in a parking lot? 2) who's hunting in a parking lot?

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
dteowner is offline

dteowner

dteowner's Avatar
Shoegazer

#235

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,390

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 22:13
Oh he wasn't shot in a parking lot. We have a good bit of land at work.

The pigs are overrunning the area around work so we are thinning them out a bit and getting lots of meat also.
Toff is offline

Toff

Toff's Avatar
Sentinel

#236

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 582

Default 

December 11th, 2013, 23:08
By "pigs" I assume you don't mean the cops? :-o
booboo is offline

booboo

booboo's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#237

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 1,006

Default 

December 12th, 2013, 18:34
You have missed the photo booboo?
zahratustra is offline

zahratustra

SasqWatch

#238

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,501

Default 

December 13th, 2013, 20:51
Originally Posted by Toff View Post
You may want an Assault Rifle because large pigs can be dangerous.

This one dropped instantly and the meat tasted great!
Personally, I think it's fairly lame to hunt animals with assault rifles. Feels like play-hunting by people who are not cut out for real hunting. Just about every hunter I know of, would react to that picture with disgust.

Here in Finland, when wild animals become too prevalent on some area, the task of hunting them down is given to real, trained, experienced hunters. Not paid professionals, but people who consider hunting a serious hobby. Hunters who don't need an assault rifle to take down a simple animal.
tuukka is offline

tuukka

Watchdog

#239

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 107

Default 

December 14th, 2013, 23:34
Originally Posted by tuukka View Post
Personally, I think it's fairly lame to hunt animals with assault rifles. Feels like play-hunting by people who are not cut out for real hunting. Just about every hunter I know of, would react to that picture with disgust.

Here in Finland, when wild animals become too prevalent on some area, the task of hunting them down is given to real, trained, experienced hunters. Not paid professionals, but people who consider hunting a serious hobby. Hunters who don't need an assault rifle to take down a simple animal.
Not much of a difference whether you shoot an animal with an assault rifle or a bolt action rifle, the animal gets just as dead either way.

conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evil, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

rational, adj. Devoid of all delusions save those of observation, experience and reflection.
-Ambrose Bierce, The Devils Dictionary
peko is offline

peko

Watchdog

#240

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 117
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » why anyone wants an "assault rifle"
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:56.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch