|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeon Lords - MMXII Released

Default Dungeon Lords - MMXII Released

September 26th, 2012, 20:32
Courtesy of Gamebanshee, it seems that Dungeon Lords MMXII has been released. You can get it at Green Man Gaming for 14.99 US dollars, though it seems it is currently out of stock? Here's a quote about the key features:
Co-op story mode for up to 8 players and full single-player game experience 50-70 hours
Completely reworked intuitive Graphic User Interface
New Multiplayer Features
Dual Switchable Interface Modes (supports Hot- Key action play and Point&Click play)
Updated full hardware Screen Resolution support (16:10, 16:9, 1920x1080 etc.)
New quick-start Hero character creation system
All new Magic system including new Magic Spells
New Hero Classes, new and improved Class Skills, and new unique class action abilities
If you want to know more about the game, please go here.
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

September 26th, 2012, 20:32
It's interesting how this game, which very few people seem to like, has survived to have two releases in addition the original release.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

September 26th, 2012, 22:23
In spite of all of it's warts, I hate to say it but, I enjoyed the game…can't be right all the time

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

September 26th, 2012, 22:38
Dungeon Lords is one of the best ARPGs, but releasing 3rd time the same game?
Is this some joke?
My all time favourite game is Wizardry 8. Now imagine that they release it again after twelve years with updated graphics instead of a new Wizardry 9. It would be scandal.

magic_screen

Watcher

September 26th, 2012, 23:01
Originally Posted by magic_screen View Post
My all time favourite game is Wizardry 8. Now imagine that they release it again after twelve years with updated graphics instead of a new Wizardry 9. It would be scandal.
I'd line up to purchase that.

Wiz 8 was a great game to begin with. Dungeon Lords was/is mediocre at best.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 27th, 2012, 00:03
What is the difference in this version and the collectors edition? Just HI and graphics?

If they added content to the world might be worth getting.

Saxon1974

Sentinel

September 27th, 2012, 01:31
This version has new UI, widescreen support, better textures and models, and supposedly some new content and loot.

Spells/magic has been somewhat dumbed down, unfortunately, but more classes have been added.

Can't help feeling it is best not to try and compare to old version, as changes are always hard to swallow, but I had a fun evening with this version. Never had the CE though, only the original, but don't feel robbed getting this release. They simply don't make RPGs with this blend of classes/races/stats/skills etc any more, and DWB always crafts interesting dungeons etc.

Irien

Watcher

September 27th, 2012, 12:17
Originally Posted by Irien View Post
They simply don't make RPGs with this blend of classes/races/stats/skills etc any more, and DWB always crafts interesting dungeons etc.
Yeah, I love heaps of races and classes. I spent 2 hours working out what I wanted to play before I started.
It does seem strange that the bonus points you start with differ every time you hit new game. I saw them from 8 to 15 and settled on 15. You could say it's a sign of bad design to make you have to click main menu then new game over and over until you get good starting points. To me I'd feel gimped to not start with the max roll. (Don't tell me there's more than 15!)

The dungeons are definitely a strong point too but with my aging eyes I have to sit up really straight and get closer to the screen to handle picking the chests without any thief skills.

SirJames

SasqWatch

September 27th, 2012, 12:37
I tried the game again. I tried to love it but I doubt I will finish it just like before. Good thing was it cheap.

I can tell you one funny thing about the game. The floating hair above your head when you defend or dodge is hilarious.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

September 27th, 2012, 16:32
That's by design. Your hair becomes a shield that will block arrows or slow moving insects.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

September 27th, 2012, 16:37
Did they flesh out the other towns a little more fully or are they as they were in the collector's edition? They did at least add npcs and some furniture to them in that edition if I remember correctly.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

September 28th, 2012, 12:09
"OUT OF STOCK", they say

Daddy32

Sentinel

September 28th, 2012, 19:13
Originally Posted by Daddy32 View Post
"OUT OF STOCK", they say
Should say "Emotionally exhausted & morally bankrupt"

Played up till the top of the first dungeon. Default monster spawn rates are silly. Combat mostly involves clicking a lot. Collision detection is just as awful as it was the first 2 times around. The textures look like they were batch upsampled in photoshop with a watercolor filter. Animation is terrible. All in all it lives up to all my expectations. I need to reinstall Wizardry 7 so I can remind myself that DW Bradley once made what I thought was the pinncle of crpgs.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

December 27th, 2012, 11:08
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Yeah, I love heaps of races and classes. I spent 2 hours working out what I wanted to play before I started.
It does seem strange that the bonus points you start with differ every time you hit new game. I saw them from 8 to 15 and settled on 15. You could say it's a sign of bad design to make you have to click main menu then new game over and over until you get good starting points. To me I'd feel gimped to not start with the max roll. (Don't tell me there's more than 15!)

The dungeons are definitely a strong point too but with my aging eyes I have to sit up really straight and get closer to the screen to handle picking the chests without any thief skills.
You obviously have not been playing RPG's very long. Most old school RPGs were like that. And DW Bradley still uses it.

And BTW I rolled a 17!

dommiel

Traveler

December 27th, 2012, 16:22
I would like to see a revamp of Wizards and Warriors that runs at higher resolutions. I played it upon initial release and despite all its flaws (especially the HORRENDOUS voice acting) I enjoyed it. However I reached my limit when I met the NPC samurai with his terrible accent. DW Bradley imo was able to make some of the best RPGs touting puzzles.

That said, Dungeon Lords regardless of incarnation does not interest me. Maybe if it were party-based interest would be piqued.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

December 28th, 2012, 12:53
Some companies like EA release the same sports games every year with slight modifications so why not RPG? Of course there are many other rpgs that would deserve it better.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dungeon Lords - MMXII Released