|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age 2 » mods to make DA2 combat more tolerable?

Default mods to make DA2 combat more tolerable?

November 18th, 2014, 05:14
I never actually finished DA2. I am not one of the game's haters — there are things I quite like about it — but I did find myself frustrated enough by the unmoddable combat system on the XBox (at that time I didn't have a gaming PC) that when The Anders Unpleasantness was spoiled for me I found it easy to set the game aside and then never pick it up again.

But I find myself wanting to complete it before I start Inquisition, and now I have access to a decent PC, so hopefully I can do something to fix the mechanical annoyances if not the story-based ones.

Can anyone recommend an essential list of combat tweaks? I don't need graphical upgrades or added content, I just want to make the fights less of an exercise in frustration. Is there something that removes the stupid elemental immunities on Nightmare? Or adds friendly fire at difficulties other than nightmare?

What's a basic mod package you'd recommend?

Gotta find and kill my shadow self // Gotta dig up every secret seashell

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one
RPGWatch Team

November 18th, 2014, 05:23
okay, well it looks like I didn't really need to ask, just google, since this is just about everything I was looking for.

Gotta find and kill my shadow self // Gotta dig up every secret seashell

RedSocialKnight

the stronger, slower one
RPGWatch Team

November 18th, 2014, 05:28
I didn't really find any useful mods for DA2. Tbh though I didn't spend a ton of time searching.

You can look through DA2 nexus for mods. Most are cosmetic though.

I did find a better combat mod that may or may not help but I didn't read much in to it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/2766/?

you beat me to it. lol.
Last edited by sakichop; November 18th, 2014 at 05:30. Reason: you beat me to it. lol.

sakichop

SasqWatch

Tags
dragon age 2
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age 2 » mods to make DA2 combat more tolerable?