|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Composer Michael McCann Video Interview @ MSNBC

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Composer Michael McCann Video Interview @ MSNBC

January 19th, 2013, 01:12
In a 3,5 minute video interview MSNBC has talked to the Michael McCann, composer for this game. They talk to him about why he loves to do scores for video games, how he decided which music should use for each one of the locations in the game, how the design process were like when he scored the theme song for this game as well the reaction fans have had to the game's soundtrack, and much much more.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

January 19th, 2013, 01:12
As a producer myself, I must recognize the music in this game is top notch, as everything else about it. I actually spent much time in the title screen just to listen to the main theme that one more time! (fanboy mode off)

I love how music is evolving in the gaming scene. It's now, more than ever, recognized as one of the prime factors that contribute to setting the experience's atmosphere, and most important of all, how to tell a story.
Movies dominate this technique and I can see it being well used in recent games; Nintendo games are great examples.

I believe music is so important that, for instance, when I'm reading books (mostly fantasy fiction) it's not uncommon for some kind of soundtrack to pop up in my mind, real time, setting the mood for what I'm reading.

Music producers getting recognized like this (I'm looking at the commotion caused by Deus Ex's trailer) is why I believe music in games cant only get better from now on.

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

January 19th, 2013, 13:18
Definitely some of the best music in any game - and it's the perfect match for the setting. Just brilliant work.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

January 19th, 2013, 19:08
I still have some of the tracks on my "bath list"

Immersion is the name of the game for me and a good soundtrack and ambient sound helps me to get into it. Music evokes emotions.

In DE:HR the soundtrack helped with setting a rather melancholic mood and it fit like a glove in the context.

The original Deus Ex had some brilliant parts as well, remember standing on the pier in the beginning, watching the skyline of Manhattan with a somber tune in the background.

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

January 20th, 2013, 22:26
The music was simply amazing, it was so easy for me to get immersed into the game, fantastic atmosphere. A great game all in all in my opinion.
Originally Posted by arthureloi View Post
I love how music is evolving in the gaming scene. It's now, more than ever, recognized as one of the prime factors that contribute to setting the experience's atmosphere, and most important of all, how to tell a story.
Movies dominate this technique and I can see it being well used in recent games; Nintendo games are great examples.
Completely agree. As for Nintendo, it's amazing how some Zelda tracks are still haunting me. Same goes for the music found in Final Fantasy games, Nobuo Uematsu is a god amongst men.

Cerberus

Daughter of Janus

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Composer Michael McCann Video Interview @ MSNBC