|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bioshock - Gameplay Montage Video @ Kotaku

Default Bioshock - Gameplay Montage Video @ Kotaku

May 31st, 2007, 09:36
Thanks to Sir Markus for pointing out a new Bioshock montage trailer at Kotaku:
Think of this as a collage, of sorts. Of death. Of women on fire being shot in the head. And jedi-like force powers. And water effects. And underwater explosions. And some "WHERE IS MY FACE", a line which straddles the boundary between terror and hilarity perfectly.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 31st, 2007, 09:36
Looks pretty fun.

This is the first combat vs the "Big Daddies" that I've seen, they seem to be able to really move their lumbering selves at a pretty high speed when provoked.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

Default What if…

June 2nd, 2007, 17:37
…Doom III had a one-night fling with a Dieselpunk setting? This would be the result.

Oh, Spiritual Successor to System Shock II, where have you gone? Come back. Come back…

Nonymous

June 2nd, 2007, 18:40
Anyone else notice how pressurized water is pouring into an area and the character manages to run through it? That sounds like another design element that stuck with flash rather than substance.

Role-Player

Watchdog

June 2nd, 2007, 18:58
a garden hose is pressurized water too…i seem to recall muscle bound children being able to run through them. personally i had to stop watching the video about 1/3 of the way through as it was simply too much good stuff and want to save some suprises—some of which i'm sure will entail water having a significant impact/effect on the character.

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

June 2nd, 2007, 20:15
It's too dark.

Hindukönig

Sentinel

June 2nd, 2007, 20:29
Originally Posted by curiously undead View Post
a garden hose is pressurized water too…i seem to recall muscle bound children being able to run through them.
And how similar are a water hose and an underwater city at an incredible depth again?

Role-Player

Watchdog

June 2nd, 2007, 21:15
Originally Posted by Hindukönig View Post
It's too dark.
Isn't it wonderful how far we've come since the days of EGA? Instead of having to draw the whole screen using only 16 colors, we can now draw it using 16 completely different shades of black!

And thank the stars for HDR. Now we can make an almost completely black screen look too painfully bright.

"It's too dark." That describes just about every ruddy game I've ever played. It's also one of the reasons I still use CRaTes instead of LCDs — being able to crank black levels up through the roof so I can actually make out what's on the screen without having to worry about incinerating what's left of my retinas when opening an inventory screen or dropping back to the desktop.

Good work, Irrational! Wouldn't want you to break with tradition.

< /sarcasm>

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire,
chase away the hoofed liar.
Roof and doorway, block and beam,
chase the Trickster from our dream.

Stanza

Lighthouse Keeper

June 3rd, 2007, 08:44
Well, it IS supposed to be kinda dreary and scary, which commonly equals lots of dark places. It's also very contrast-heavy, for every area of darkness there are distinct glowing highlights, either lights or fire, etc. Then again, we dont know how much of the game is typical to this montage, there may be parts of the game that are far more gamma'd.

I like dark games personally, just as long as they dont totally overdo it like Doom III or something. Now that was torturous!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

June 4th, 2007, 15:04
Originally Posted by Role-Player View Post
And how similar are a water hose and an underwater city at an incredible depth again?
Hehe … yeah, when I saw that my fluid dynamics courses sprung to my mind … oh well, all in the name of gameplay, I suppose

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bioshock - Gameplay Montage Video @ Kotaku