Witcher 2 Tom Play's - The Witcher 2

The Witcher 2

TomLP

Watcher
Hey everyone! How's it going? My name is Tom.
With the recent announcement of The Witcher 3 by CD Projekt Red, and the recent urge for me to start up a youtube channel for no apparent reason. I thought it would be only fitting to make my first series on The Witcher 2

If your interested at all please check it out, there will be lots more to come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCk41TpG94E&list=PLxN8tLGn8IY0gRxGCHPiEh9O1RvnTaeSC&index=1

Also if you have any suggestions feel free to post them back into this thread, comment on the video itself, or email me at LPlayTom@gmail.com

-Thanks everyone for your time!

Thanks, one of these days I'll actually get around to installing this game which I pre-ordered and have just never found the time to play!!

For those of you that may be interested I picked my Witcher 2 series up.
Here it is

Part 7 is up already. Please remember to Like & Subscribe

-Thanks everyone

The error is to have choose to play The Witcher 2, if you had go deeper than the surface you would have know that the key of the series is certainly not The Witcher 2 but The Witcher 1. And just playing the 2 or even playing it before the 1 will throw you in the mass of naive gamers that stick on surface and don't know go in deed. It's not important but it's a bad choice.

The error is to have choose to play The Witcher 2, if you had go deeper than the surface you would have know that the key of the series is certainly not The Witcher 2 but The Witcher 1. And just playing the 2 or even playing it before the 1 will throw you in the mass of naive gamers that stick on surface and don't know go in deed. It's not important but it's a bad choice.

Both games have their strong points, and TW2 certainly isn't a bad choice just because you didn't like it.

For further clarity you have to ask, does the TW2 in any way follow or expand on the story of TW1. If it does (and we all know Andrzej Sapkowski books are strong in story) then Ihaterpg has a valid point....not in itself that any game can be played fully in its own right without the need to have had to play a previous series related game.

It's been some time since i've played them, i forget the inter-relationship of the stories.

Will TW3 progress further the storyline ? If it can be proved (by any knowledgeable gamer) that the derived games fit or relate to the witcher novels story in a progressive manner then i would agree with Ihaterpg.

An example would be to play all three games in reverse order then ask would it have been a better experience to have played them in numerical game release order - or - was the story stronger or weaker across the series.

I understand where you are coming from. I've been kind of wondering how heavily The Witcher 2's plot was related to the first. I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on the topic. Perhaps someone here could enlighten me on the topic? (Without spoilers If at all possible)

The problem is The Witcher 1 has many flaws and The Witcher 2 fixed many of them. So that is creating the confusion. Moreover the series became very popular with The Witcher 2 and that's creating a much higher noise level for it than for the 1.

But the 2 failed to reproduce as well some elements making the series so special. The consequences of choices management and telling, the encyclopedia and global lore creation, the weird humor, the non respect of social conventions, the grey mood, the stupid funny fake erotic mood. And some more I don't remember.

But finish your TW2 and don't bother, all in all it can be argued and even more because myself I gave up a bit soon and still have to play it fully.

The problem is The Witcher 1 has many flaws and The Witcher 2 fixed many of them. So that is creating the confusion. Moreover the series became very popular with The Witcher 2 and that's creating a much higher noise level for it than for the 1.

But the 2 failed to reproduce as well some elements making the series so special. The consequences of choices management and telling, the encyclopedia and global lore creation, the weird humor, the non respect of social conventions, the grey mood, the stupid funny fake erotic mood. And some more I don't remember.

But finish your TW2 and don't bother, all in all it can be argued and even more because myself I gave up a bit soon and still have to play it fully.

I shall. Thanks for the input.

Also Part 8!
HERE

What are your system specs Tom? The game seems to run very smoothly for you on Ultra settings. I could never get TW2 to run very well for me, even on High. Granted that was a couple of years ago and with the original release version.

What are your system specs Tom? The game seems to run very smoothly for you on Ultra settings. I could never get TW2 to run very well for me, even on High. Granted that was a couple of years ago and with the original release version.

Basic Spec information:
Intel(R) Ivybridge Core(TM) i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz (8CPUs)
I use a GTX 670 card.
Sabertooth Z77 board
2 16GB Kingston DDR3
Run an SSD and 2TB HDD

I've been running with uber sampling on. However I feel like I may eventually have to turn it off in order to record smoothly.

Also -
PART 11
&
PART 12

Back
Top Bottom