|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 2 » Risen 2 mods?

Default Risen 2 mods?

February 14th, 2013, 13:15
I think it's about time I got back and played this again. I got about 2/3 of the way last time - but was distracted.

I'd really like to play it with a better balance between the weapons (guns being too powerful last time) - and I was wondering if there are any mods out for this - that are any good?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 14th, 2013, 17:05
Dart, sorry don't know much about risen 2 mods, but I think I can atleast mention Risen 2's unofficial patch.

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…official-Patch

Just scroll down a bit, below german version is the english version.

Spoiler – Fixes

There seems to be also a gun rebalance mod, but I don't know if it is any good or if it has any serious bugs etc. http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…-Balancing-Mod

Risen 2's gameplay is quite horrible and I also had some difficulties to withstand the annoyances such as poor balancing and akward combat "system", but then again I played risen 2 through mostly because the fun setting, great locations and sense of adventure. I liked to read some pirate novels when I was younger and risen 2 sort of hit the sweet spot.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

February 14th, 2013, 17:49
Thanks for the info…

I quite liked Risen 2's gameplay - and only had a problem with the balance, really.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 14th, 2013, 22:51
I didn't know about that unofficial patch. Looks like it fixes quite a few annoying issues, so it should be well worth it unless it introduces new bugs.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 24th, 2014, 21:39
I'd like to do a few mods using the console which I haven't seen anyone else try or explain, maybe someone here has some pointers.

First, I'd like to be able to make any NPC join the hero. In the console you can type "edit (name of NPC)" which brings up lists and sublists of attributes - if you select Property Sets => Dialog you can change PartyEnabled from False to True, then you can ask the NPC to come with you. They will, however the change isn't permanent - if you go to the ship then travel to a different island the NPC will be gone. Anyone know how to make this change permanent?

Also I'm wondering if it's possible to change an NPCs appearance - like if I wanted every character in the game to be Steelbeard (odd, I know, just wondering). Any thoughts?

Thanks!

czuck11

Traveler

February 24th, 2014, 22:35
I believe you should check here if someone figured it out and if not, just ask them:
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…ns-and-Editing

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 25th, 2014, 02:03
will do, thanks for the link

czuck11

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 2 » Risen 2 mods?